Author Topic: CarbonSpeed CS-MB01 Frame  (Read 6411 times)

Jerryno

CarbonSpeed CS-MB01 Frame
« on: June 16, 2015, 01:40:01 PM »
So Carbon Speed now has this very nice frame http://www.xmcarbonspeed.com/Productinfo.asp?f=1392:

Anyone know what the thingies in the back are? Some vibration reduce system but does it work? Does anyone seen this before?

This is also present on this road bike frame: http://www.xmcarbonspeed.com/Productinfo.asp?f=1391

Other than that the frame looks awesome.

Vipassana

Re: CarbonSpeed CS-MB01 Frame
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 02:55:58 PM »
That looks remarkable close to the Specialized frame damping tech.  I'd guess no one has yet tried it since it was only added to the site in the last week or so.

I'd like to hear about this frame and the CS-041.  I'm this ->| |<- close to buying a CS-041 just to see what it's like and if I like it better than my 256.  I'm finding it hard to believe I'd like it that much more than my 256, which I really do love.

Jerryno

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 04:24:37 PM »
Yep you are probably right, the Specialized Roubaix Zertz are almost identical:

There is supposed to be some special kind of compound inside a hole in the frame to damp any vibrations. Looked some reviews if it's a hoax or not and found only mixed answers. Some think it's really helping others say it's only for marketing. Probably bit of both.

I like the CS-041 also a lot, I dislike how the seat-stays in 256 meet into 1 piece, from some posts here I got an impression it's a weak spot. Was looking for some short chain-stay frames initially but all only fit chainrings up to 36T. This though should fit 1x11 with 38T and has nice XC geo also. Will be probably pricier also but dunno about that, should ask Peter about the price.

Vipassana

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 07:13:31 PM »
I just sent Peter an email asking for a price on each in 17".  I've just got the itch to get a new paint scheme for no good reason. 

Patrick C.

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2015, 09:27:23 PM »
You plan to just swap the parts, or have two hardtail chiners?

325racer

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2015, 10:13:43 PM »
Yep you are probably right, the Specialized Roubaix Zertz are almost identical:

There is supposed to be some special kind of compound inside a hole in the frame to damp any vibrations. Looked some reviews if it's a hoax or not and found only mixed answers. Some think it's really helping others say it's only for marketing. Probably bit of both.

I like the CS-041 also a lot, I dislike how the seat-stays in 256 meet into 1 piece, from some posts here I got an impression it's a weak spot. Was looking for some short chain-stay frames initially but all only fit chainrings up to 36T. This though should fit 1x11 with 38T and has nice XC geo also. Will be probably pricier also but dunno about that, should ask Peter about the price.

On the China Road bike, the dimensions are almost identical to the Specialized version.....  Specialized does not currently sell a mountain version, so could be an interesting innovation seen on China bikes before Mainstream bikes...

RS VR6

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2015, 10:55:42 PM »
Wonder how much R&D they did on that frame. It looks like they took the seatstays off a Roubaix SL4 and put it on the back of a mountain bike.

Scar556

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2015, 08:38:55 PM »
I'm interested in this frame as well ... Has anyone bought or built one yet?

MTB2223

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2015, 01:21:13 AM »
Peter just send me a picture of one of the first builds. It looks awesome!!
Peter will give some specs later on.

cmh

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2015, 08:56:41 AM »
Peter just send me a picture of one of the first builds. It looks awesome!!
Peter will give some specs later on.

Zee cranks on a full-rigid cross-country bike? Strange choice.

I know many folks like them, but those Crank Brothers wheels seem to be the pinnacle of pointless wheel design, different for the sake of different. But they look so bling!  ;D

Scar556

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2015, 01:09:15 PM »
That frame looks pretty sick though ... Tire clearance in the rear looks pretty tight

Vipassana

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2015, 05:03:43 PM »

I know many folks like them, but those Crank Brothers wheels seem to be the pinnacle of pointless wheel design, different for the sake of different. But they look so bling!  ;D

They are also fairly heavy for as light as they look.  They have a weight limit.  They aren't terribly cheap.  And they can't easily be repaired at most local shops (no spare spokes I'd imagine).

I was never really sold on them besides looks.

cmh

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2015, 10:32:03 AM »
They are also fairly heavy for as light as they look.  They have a weight limit.  They aren't terribly cheap.  And they can't easily be repaired at most local shops (no spare spokes I'd imagine).

I was never really sold on them besides looks.

The problem for wheel manufacturers is it's really, REALLY hard to beat the classic J-Bend steel spokes for a wheel build, if built properly. But that doesn't look bling, and far too many folks buy wheels because they look cool. I mean - look at any of Mavic's wheels. :D