Chinese Carbon MTB > 29er

Should I get the 057 or 256??

<< < (2/18) > >>

Carbon_Dude:
You may change your mind again when I post info and pics from last May when I built my IP-057.

Izzy:

--- Quote from: Carbon_Dude on April 14, 2014, 09:23:20 PM ---You may change your mind again when I post info and pics from last May when I built my IP-057.

--- End quote ---

haha.. very true! I'm also anxiously awaiting the Chinese carbon fat bikes..

brmeyer135:
If you are going with one bike as an all-arounder, I would lean toward a FS --- I went with 057...happy with it....but, not going to have a stable of bikes a FS with lockouts would do overall.
If one knows what their goal in riding is:  XC riding for example get the 057(or similar) and build as nice a bike as budget allows.
I know I went in thinking I could build a nicer bike, with nicer parts, for cheaper.  Well, I got into it and went over budget.

Carbon_Dude:

--- Quote from: brmeyer135 on April 17, 2014, 03:46:00 PM ---If you are going with one bike as an all-arounder, I would lean toward a FS --- I went with 057...happy with it....but, not going to have a stable of bikes a FS with lockouts would do overall.
If one knows what their goal in riding is:  XC riding for example get the 057(or similar) and build as nice a bike as budget allows.
I know I went in thinking I could build a nicer bike, with nicer parts, for cheaper.  Well, I got into it and went over budget.

--- End quote ---

I agree with you in that if I had only one bike, and rode mostly XC single track, a FM-057 hardtail is a great choice.  The way the carbon smooths out the ride over my AL frame bike is simply amazing.  With less fatigue and a lighter weight bike also comes more speed, which is why I'm even faster on my carbon bike than I ever was on my old Aluminium bikes, hardtail or full suspension.

Andy:
Well now that you bring up the ip 036 I'd say spend the few extra hundred bucks and go for the full suspension.  I was a hard tail guy forever.  loving the lightweight and efficiency of the platform BUT then I rode a good full suspension and fell in love.  They are just so much easier on the body.  They help you maintain traction and control.  And now that they are so light with carbon I think they are well worth the extra cost.  Especially with the reasonable pricing on the Chinese frames.  Just food for thought.
Andy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version