Author Topic: chinese carbon saddles  (Read 15998 times)

coffeebreak

Re: chinese carbon saddles
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2023, 06:30:19 PM »
Can you combine that with a model name or something to search for? Ali offers are kind of regional, links do not work from everywhere. Thx

There is no brand name. A true random Chinese product that's not pretending to be anything lol here is the name and I'm not kidding -

"All-carbon Fiber Saddle Road Bicycle Cushion Mountain bike cushion ultra-light hollow saddle"

jonathanf2

« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2023, 06:46:27 PM »
If you want that same lightweight carbon saddle, but with better cushioning, I recommend buying from this seller. The cost is $10-12 USD more than the regular version, but the cushioning is superior (I have both) and it also comes in brown.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256803583148266.html

crazyrt

« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2023, 01:32:32 PM »
I recently got the Elita carbon saddle for my road bike:
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2251832622302239.html

It's one of the few carbon saddles that come in a wide size. I got the 155 mm and it's much more comfortable than the narrower saddle it replaced. I weighed mine at 131 grams (125 claimed). I don't have many miles on it, but it seems to be pretty solid. (I'm about 95 kg with my gear.)

I bought 3 of these in 143mm to cover all my bikes after I bought my wife 2 of the Rock Bros 155mm saddles for my wifes bikes and they were so good.

If you have the chance to try a 155 Rock Bros from amazon, try it!  It is significantly better in every way!

I am now in the process of stripping one of my ali saddles and refoaming and recovering it to shape more like the Rock Bros

pearl

« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2023, 12:15:39 PM »
Can you link to the one you bought? See some with bad reviews and I'm pretty sold on the one I linked, but always like buying from Amazon first :)

aeroskiii

« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2023, 11:02:50 PM »
anyone bought the gelu replicas from odin-zeus? 60g and they look seggsy

Tijoe

« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2023, 01:29:23 PM »
I just received my $17.50 Kocevlo 120 gram saddle.   I have historically ridden on Selle Flight saddles and my weight standard is around 120 grams or less.   

This Kocevlo has very close to the same dimensions as my Flite saddles I have been riding for may years.  I can't believe that I can purchase a Chiner saddle for under $20 and it appears to be as good as or better quality as what I used to pay over $100 for a Selle Flite saddle.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805884169155.html

00Garza

« Reply #51 on: December 25, 2023, 04:10:12 PM »
Just took my Elita one saddle out for a 20 mile gravel ride and it’s the most comfy saddle I’ve ever used! I know saddles are a very individual thing, but this one fit  me just right.

Check it out! $24.58  50% Off | ELITA ONE Carbon Saddle MTB/Road Bike saddle Super Light Leather Carbon Cushions 96g
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mM5KQWC

jannmayer

« Reply #52 on: December 25, 2023, 05:46:06 PM »
Just took my Elita one saddle out for a 20 mile gravel ride and it’s the most comfy saddle I’ve ever used! I know saddles are a very individual thing, but this one fit  me just right.

Check it out! $24.58  50% Off | ELITA ONE Carbon Saddle MTB/Road Bike saddle Super Light Leather Carbon Cushions 96g
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mM5KQWC

I have the same sale in wide on my road and gravel bikes and I love it.  They've been holding up well so far so I might try one on my mountain bike as well.  It's one of the lightest wide saddles I've seen,  and they are well made.

zerstorer

« Reply #53 on: December 25, 2023, 09:19:54 PM »
Have been using the Mixed 7D saddle for 2 months and I must say I am impressed. It's more comfortable than the Prologo Scratch Tirox I was previously using at a fraction of the price and half the weight.

Sebastian

« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2024, 05:45:38 AM »
So my social feeds urged me to try out Selle SMP saddles for a while.
I've been curious and more or less on a whim I bought the Velobuild replica of what I believe is the Selle SMP Dynamic saddle. It's their long standing classic. I was expecting this to be an instrument of torture. And while I still have to ride this for more than 2 hours straight, I'm really surprised as to how comfy this is. Once you have it dialed in, it kind of feels like you're sitting on something that basically perfectly fits your pelvis. I had to set this way further forward than my previous saddle because it basically has to disappear under your bum. You can't sit on the nose of this thing. There's pretty much exactly one spot only where this saddle feels comfy. But once you've found it, you're locked in position and you basically rotate your pelvis back and forth while sitting on the same part of the saddle depending on how aggressive you wanna ride. You do not move back or forth on this saddle at all. No sliding towards the nose and having to readjust your bum when tucking down. I'm very intrigued.
You do however have to live with the way it looks. The best thing about the design of this saddle is that most of the time you're sitting on it. :)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2024, 05:50:26 AM by Sebastian »

feris0n

« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2024, 09:44:18 AM »
So my social feeds urged me to try out Selle SMP saddles for a while.
I've been curious and more or less on a whim I bought the Velobuild replica of what I believe is the Selle SMP Dynamic saddle. It's their long standing classic. I was expecting this to be an instrument of torture. And while I still have to ride this for more than 2 hours straight, I'm really surprised as to how comfy this is. Once you have it dialed in, it kind of feels like you're sitting on something that basically perfectly fits your pelvis. I had to set this way further forward than my previous saddle because it basically has to disappear under your bum. You can't sit on the nose of this thing. There's pretty much exactly one spot only where this saddle feels comfy. But once you've found it, you're locked in position and you basically rotate your pelvis back and forth while sitting on the same part of the saddle depending on how aggressive you wanna ride. You do not move back or forth on this saddle at all. No sliding towards the nose and having to readjust your bum when tucking down. I'm very intrigued.
You do however have to live with the way it looks. The best thing about the design of this saddle is that most of the time you're sitting on it. :)
You are definitely putting me on some gems with your findings. I've been looking for a saddle like this but couldn't find one that wasn't just full on carbon. Will definitely have to try it out. Also going to try Serenade Wheels during the summer.

Sebastian

« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2024, 10:25:45 AM »
You are definitely putting me on some gems with your findings. I've been looking for a saddle like this but couldn't find one that wasn't just full on carbon. Will definitely have to try it out. Also going to try Serenade Wheels during the summer.

There is some minimal padding on there and the upper material is very basic but grippy nonetheless. Also, the bonding between the rails and the saddle shell is very basic. Not as polished and well finished as some of the Ryet saddles you can find on Aliexpress for instance. But it's solid enough. Weight is 160g on my scale.

coffeebreak

« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2024, 10:48:05 AM »
Those $50 to 70 range Prologo saddles are fake or what exactly? I am curious as to why they are 2-3x expensive than other fakes. If anyone bought it, thoughts?

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805962006433.html

Sebastian

« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2024, 01:17:10 PM »
Those $50 to 70 range Prologo saddles are fake or what exactly? I am curious as to why they are 2-3x expensive than other fakes. If anyone bought it, thoughts?

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805962006433.html

The price for these is barely any cheaper than at major retailers in Europe. So I reckon these might just be the real thing.

Serge_K

« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2024, 04:44:41 PM »

I bought mine eons ago (2017) on ebay, full carbon, no padding, for <30 usd. So the chinese carbon version absolutely exists / has existed.