Author Topic: chinese carbon saddles  (Read 26427 times)

nicklej

Re: chinese carbon saddles
« Reply #75 on: May 10, 2024, 12:13:12 PM »
I have a Mixed 5D 143mm I liked so much I bought a backup one

I believe it weighed about 117g. I usually run a 150mm saddle but I found it pretty comfortable at 143. Didn't look how ugly the Mixed 150mm one looked

Have you got a link to said saddle please? My experience some years ago with AliX saddles were that they were light, none broke, but none were comfy but these come up well reviewed here so worth a punt.

Thanks
Jake

jonathanf2

« Reply #76 on: May 12, 2024, 02:43:56 PM »
It looks like Chinese saddles are quickly improving their 3D printed mesh process. I'd be curious to give these a try.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806722844182.html

vtlyz

« Reply #77 on: July 03, 2024, 04:50:22 AM »
It looks like Chinese saddles are quickly improving their 3D printed mesh process. I'd be curious to give these a try.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806722844182.html

Going from left to right, looks like a Romin Mirror (15mm shorter), Fizik Vento Argo, & a variation of Power Mirror.

The Romin Mirror has the most reviews from another listing while the other 2 do not have as much. I'm curious to try this as well but might just get the Velobuild's version of the SMP Dynamic to try

vtlyz

« Reply #78 on: July 03, 2024, 05:41:46 AM »
I got my order yesterday (finally!). It is indeed well made and weighs 180g on my scale. It has some minor imperfections with the upholstery underneath, but very negligible.

The only problem is that Chris told me initially that it comes in 15CM width that's why I ordered it, but what I got is only 13CM. What a bummer! :(

Have you been using this and how are you liking it so far? Thinking about picking this up and wanted to see others' opinions.

Bigbobby1482

« Reply #79 on: July 03, 2024, 08:17:28 AM »
I have this Romin Mirror copy from Ryet and it is the best saddle I've ever had.
Weight was about 183gram so not the lightest.

I bought another one for my MTB because it was so good, especially compared to other lexon/ryet saddles. I've tried 4 of their saddles, but this is in a different league. Carbon looks way cleaner, and overall  3d print is really good.

Has different hard spots and soft spots, so I'm pretty sure some thought has gone into this saddle.

Other saddle I've tried from ryet are: Premium 3d (Saddle rails were out of alignment, so got a warranty, which was also out of alignment lol.), Ultimate 3d carbon, Aircode carbon

Let me know if you need any more if or pics of the saddle

vtlyz

« Reply #80 on: July 03, 2024, 01:03:05 PM »
I have this Romin Mirror copy from Ryet and it is the best saddle I've ever had.

I bought another one for my MTB because it was so good, especially compared to other lexon/ryet saddles. I've tried 4 of their saddles, but this is in a different league. Carbon looks way cleaner, and overall  3d print is really good.

Has different hard spots and soft spots, so I'm pretty sure some thought has gone into this saddle.

Other saddle I've tried from ryet are: Premium 3d (Saddle rails were out of alignment, so got a warranty, which was also out of alignment lol.), Ultimate 3d carbon, Aircode carbon

Let me know if you need any more if or pics of the saddle

Oh wow I was looking into the Romin copy as well along w/ the Power Mirror copy. Did the decrease length (compared to the actual Romin) change anything for you? AFAIK, the Romin is more of a curved saddle instead of a flat one like the Power so I was thinking the extra length would help in climbing

jhearrtot

« Reply #81 on: July 03, 2024, 04:04:57 PM »
Have you been using this and how are you liking it so far? Thinking about picking this up and wanted to see others' opinions.

Been using it mostly on my trainer. Had issues getting it dialed to my fit since it is narrower than my Berk Lupina saddle, but it was surprisingly good once I got it dialed in!

As it is narrower, it felt like I could spin faster, and allowed me to drop further to a more aero position comfortably or when on the drops because of the 'eagle beak' without causing numbness down there!

hsaus

« Reply #82 on: July 03, 2024, 07:05:31 PM »

I also just got this saddle, but I haven't done any rides on it yet. Agree that it looks and feels very well made, with thick and dense cushioning at the back, and thin and light cushioning through the pressure relief channel and at the front. Possibly a little too thin and light at the front? Time will tell.

The rails look like a single piece that's attached to base, so hopefully no weak spots, like on other saddles that can break where the rails attach to the base.

It's a tall saddle - measured from the rail to the top of the cushion. I swapped it for my Mixed 7D saddle, and I had to drop my seatpost nearly 2cm to maintain the same saddle height. So perhaps an issue for those that have frames with seat masts or other setups with limited adjustment. Or maybe the Mixed 7D saddle is just unusually low.

Bigbobby1482

« Reply #83 on: July 04, 2024, 04:07:14 PM »
Oh wow I was looking into the Romin copy as well along w/ the Power Mirror copy. Did the decrease length (compared to the actual Romin) change anything for you? AFAIK, the Romin is more of a curved saddle instead of a flat one like the Power so I was thinking the extra length would help in climbing

I haven't tried the authentic romin saddle so can't say :/

I ride in a pretty agressive aero position for a long time on mostly only flats, and at least it's very comfortable for that.

Avalius

« Reply #84 on: July 05, 2024, 02:26:18 AM »
Tested a Ryet saddle on a bike that I'm selling and it feels better than my selle italia flite :s
"You can't be sad while riding a bicycle."

Crash217

« Reply #85 on: September 14, 2024, 04:47:56 PM »
Picked up the Mixed 5D saddle recently.  I have about 100 miles on it this week and I gotta say, this thing is awesome!

I don’t have any rides over 2 hours on it yet but I don’t see longer rides being a problem, although it is slightly firmer than I usually prefer, it’s shaped just about perfectly for my build and riding posture.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804405056554.html

Sebastian

« Reply #86 on: September 15, 2024, 12:18:53 AM »
I got a used Ryet Aircode in my area and decided to try it because I didn't really like the saddle on my gravel bike.
I liked it so much that I bought a 2nd one for my road bike. The 3D surface didn't give me any "wow" effect. But I found it to be just an overall comfy saddle. I like the wide nose and wide sitbone area. No chafing issues on my thighs and no damage on my bibs. I've done all day epic rides on pretty gruesome gravel last weekend, around 450k in total. No problems. Did a 3h ride on the roadbike just yesterday with lots of climbing. All good.
I find it just as comfy as my old and trusty Sworks Power on my 2nd roadbike but I tend to not slide forward as much on the Ryet. And it's comfier to ride it "on the rivet" because of the wider nose IME. For around 35EUR new this thing is an absolute steal IMO.

kubackje

« Reply #87 on: September 15, 2024, 04:02:29 AM »
I tried ryet premium saddle and it was only good at the start then it was getting to soft and my sitbones where hitting the carbon. I also tried x6-3d model and was also to soft and on top of that the 3 printing was very "sharp" on longer rides and just scratch and hurt my bottom. Same harsh feeling I got from west biking. So lots money wasted on saddles.

But now I think I found the one. Just did 150km ride on it and it was perfect. This one is a keeper. The new ryet spesh Romin mirror copy. Can recommend.

Sebastian

« Reply #88 on: September 15, 2024, 05:00:06 AM »
I tried ryet premium saddle and it was only good at the start then it was getting to soft and my sitbones where hitting the carbon.

Interesting. For me 99% of saddle comfort/discomfort comes from the shape of the saddle shell. I almost don’t really care what the padding is like as the bib chamois does most of the job anyway.
The Aircode’s shape just works for me. The padding is fine but not mind blowing. But then again I’ve been riding bare carbon saddles in the past as well and it was fine as long as they fit. I even did a 180k cobblestone Paris-Roubaix kind of race on one and still ride it to this day on my commuter.