Chinese Carbon MTB > 29+ & 27+

Workswell WCB-M-078 Plus frame

<< < (7/8) > >>

bxcc:

--- Quote from: groussere on May 14, 2016, 10:09:13 PM ---Hey bxcc,

Love the pics of your bike built up. Looks great, and is ridiculously light!

Was wondering about the carbon wheels you had built up for your bike. How do you like them?

I went ahead and got a great deal on a Stache 9, am loving it so far! Don't think I could go back to my 29er or even 27.5+. The reason I'm asking about the wheels is that's the next upgrade to the bike. Would like your feedback if posssible.

Thanks

--- End quote ---

Thanks, I am very pleased with the final product. The only thing that is a concern is the steep head angle. I really want to try it with a 120 fork to get it around 69.5 or so. But a new fork isn't in the cards right now. Especially since this bike was intended to be a winter / crappy weather bike. I'm not sure what it is but I am having more fun on the 062 single speed. The measurements are all pretty close expect for the head angle and 3 pounds of tires and gears. Which the 062 is at 70.5 with the rigid fork. Maybe it's all in my head.....

As for the wheels, so far they have been great. I am down to about 13psi or so and I still haven't had much for rim strikes and my riding weight is about 180 pounds. They don't feel heavy when I'm riding but I can notice a difference when I get back on the 5010 or WW-062 SS. But to be honest, I still have less than 250 miles on the bike. Now that the weather is nice and the trails are dry, I have been riding the SS and 5010. For reference, the SS wheel set weighs roughly 1725g and has 29x2.2 Bontrager XR2's and the 5010 wheels are 1750g and have 27.5x2.35 Bontrager XR3 (rear) and XR4 (front) tires.

bxcc:

--- Quote from: Carbon_Dude on May 15, 2016, 07:57:14 AM ---
Hey, a fellow Stache owner!  Upgrading wheels is in the plan but for now I am sticking with the Mulefut alloy wheels.  I figure I'd drop about 600 grams if I did an upgrade to 50mm carbon wheels with DT Swiss hubs which would be sweet as Im not too crazy about the single wall alloy wheels that come on the Stache but so far no problems.

--- End quote ---

Did you get a weight on the stock wheel set? You have the 7 correct?

Carbon_Dude:
Yes, Stache 7, stock wheels.  According to Sun-Ringle they weigh 2,310g, a 50mm carbon wheel set would weigh about 1,700g, so about a pound and a half less.

paleh0rse:
Nice build!

Quick question, can this frame be easily converted to singlespeed using sliding/horizontal dropouts (like the Stache)?

Thanks ahead of time!

bxcc:
Nope. No sliding or adjustable dropouts. There are two positions but the shorter one won't fit 29+ wheels so that isn't an option. The best option is probably going for an EBB.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version