Chinese Carbon MTB > 29+ & 27+

Trek Stache 7 First Ride

<< < (3/5) > >>

325racer:
Here's the fix.  PF92 threaded BB.

http://wheelsmfg.com/bottom-brackets/bb86-92/bb86-92-bottom-brackets.html

Comes in 10 zillion flavors.

Carbon_Dude:
I don't believe there is any problem currently with my BB so no need to replace it with something different.

I've looked at the BBinfinite, the Praxis Works, Wheels Mfg, and Token bottom bracket options.  Personally I like either the BBinfinite or the Wheels Mfg alternatives if I were to change it out.  The bbinfinite is more of a one piece solution.  So I have options if I need to replace it, I just believe there is no reason to replace it at this time.

325racer, have you installed a Wheels Mfg BB in any of your bikes?

325racer:
I have not installed one myself, I don't have any bikes with terrible BB30/92, etc, all mine are proper thread in!!!

I've been listening to bunch of Mtn Bike Radio Podcast during work lately and several different once have talked about Staches and the creeky bottom bracket.  They say to remove the standard one, throw it away and install one of this threaded type.  Maybe not Wheels specifically, but that was the only one I saw listing BB92, the Praxis listed BB30.

Carbon_Dude:
Took the Stache for another 12 mile ride at the trail and had no noise from the bottom bracket, however the rear hub is making some creaking and if I wiggle the back wheel I can feel a small amount of play in the axle.  I've tightened the axle on three occasions, seems like it's the source of my remaining creaking problem.  Since the bike is under warranty I'm going to talk to the local Trek shop about getting a warranty replacement for the back wheel.

forgivenick:

--- Quote from: Carbon_Dude on August 02, 2016, 10:38:29 PM ---Took the Stache for another 12 mile ride at the trail and had no noise from the bottom bracket, however the rear hub is making some creaking and if I wiggle the back wheel I can feel a small amount of play in the axle.  I've tightened the axle on three occasions, seems like it's the source of my remaining creaking problem.  Since the bike is under warranty I'm going to talk to the local Trek shop about getting a warranty replacement for the back wheel.

--- End quote ---
Any resolve to the rear wheel issue? I am having some issues with my 2017 Stache 5 rear hub and wonder what the road ahead may look like. Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version