Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Road Bike Frames, Wheels & Components

MTB conversion to Disc Road bike

<< < (4/13) > >>

SportingGoods:
I will post a ride report tomorrow (I forgot to buy a chain quick link  :-[ and I had to mess multiple times with the Front derailleur, so I had to open the chain once closed. Now closed with a 9 speed quick link!).

But, as we say in France: "Voila!"

Very happy with the result. Very proud of it  8)
Now I really need to ride it!

EDIT: I forgot to post a drive-side of the bike. I like the look of the XT, even though I still miss the Ultegra... And that reminds me of one more important point:
 I have used the middle/outer chainrings. Alignment is fine. No way to find 34 teeth on the small position anyway (64mm arms). I bought 48 and 34 (I had 44 and 32 in stock, too small). 50 is difficult to find, but 48 with a 11 sprocket is plenty fast, and the jump from one ring to the other will be better. Also, I could only find 48 ring in 9 speed. 10 speed is 46 max. That is not important, as the inner dimension of the chain is the same (9 to 11 speed), only the outside is different. So, we really don't care for the rings to be 9, 10 or 11 speed. I made sure to buy the same brand/speed for middle/out, as this is important, it enables a good sync while shifting.

carbonazza:
Congrats! I look forward for the ride report :)

Carbon_Dude:
Nice pics, the -057 makes for a nice looking road bike!  If I still had my -057 and wanted something to ride on the road, I'd probably just buy a set of compatible road wheels and tires.  I guess I'd also want a front derailleur and chainrings but then I'd need a new crank instead of the 1x specific crank I had on the bike.  It all gets complicated really fast and I'd end up with extra parts to sell.  Sometimes it's just easier to sell a bike and build a new bike.

SportingGoods:
Thanks! This is actually a FR-202 frame, not a -057. Not sure what the difference is (I haven't seen -57 geometry).

I gave it a quick ride over lunch. It was just a short test ride (I still get a 9 speed quick link). It confirms:
- geometry looks good. Not too aggressive, not too relaxed
- 44 big chainring is too small. I'll get 48 tomorrow.
- B6 handlebar is very nice. The wide top area is really comfortable.
- saddle from smud-carbon is very comfortable too. It was a few minutes ride but I had regular shorts, and it pleased my bums :)
- I need to raise a bit my seatpost, adjust saddle then

JohnSpeed:
Wow nice job mate, that looks awesome. Wouldn't mind having something similar myself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version