Author Topic: Box One drive train components and parts  (Read 2619 times)

gohloum

Box One drive train components and parts
« on: September 02, 2016, 10:21:09 AM »
I was just checking out an article on singletracks and saw an add for BoxOne.  Saw a pic of a rear mech. Seems they build drive trains as well as other components.  Anyone know anything about them?  Seem kinda pricy, but all I saw was the MAP on the site.

www.boxcomponents.com

TJ

carbonazza

Re: Box One drive train components and parts
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 10:45:02 AM »
I saw the same ad yesterday and the rear derailleur intrigued me too :)

gohloum

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 07:48:47 PM »
So I contacted them via email.  I asked if they were SRAM compatible and I got an email back that said they were Shimano compatible but works with SRAM as well (1x11).  I have emailed them back asking "Define works", in other words, does it maintain and or improve the shift quality of SRAM system?  I would thing the derailleur would likely work regardless unless it's swing angle is oddly different and the jockey wheels have unusual teeth. But it doesn't appear that way from the pictures. I'll let you know what I found out.

Shifter is $75  and Derailleur is $125.  The shifter mechanism looks quite intriguing.  There is a video on the website showing it in action.

I blew most of my cash on this MB01 build, but I might have enough for the shifter.  If I get it (based on their next response), I'll report back here.

Sitar_Ned

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 08:06:26 PM »
Yes, definitely update if you end up trying these components out.. I'm very interested in how they compare to their name brand counter-parts.