Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Road Bike Frames, Wheels & Components

My First Road Bike... is a Chiner.

<< < (2/7) > >>

SportingGoods:
That's indeed very strange  :o

Cutting a fork should be a daily routine for a bike shop. Any serious shop provides some basic fitting service, the first one being to cut the fork the appropriate length, once spacers have been defined.

tripleDot:
Well, the new bike shop gave me a wonderful service for $18!  Way better service than the one I commissioned for my XC.  Funny thing was, the mechanic just measured the fork, marked it with electrical tape and use a hacksaw to cut it.  I was, wow, just like that and the other shop couldn't do it.

Anyway, I took it out for a 15km ride to a beach, and it handles vibrations way better than my Haro Projekt (steel fixie). Here's a few pictures.

tripleDot:
Total weight with tires inflated... 7.900kg.  With plenty of parts that can be upgraded if I want to breach UCI regulations.

While I enjoyed the short ride, I have to say this road bike position is new to me and I really need to get use to it.  I pretty much start to feel my lower back hurting after reaching the beach.  But the true test would be on Saturday.

tripleDot:
And finally...

Edit:  Set pictures to links rather than attachments.

SportingGoods:
Super nice! I like the orange accent.
Do you plan on using proper automatic pedals? I can't picture myself using flat!

And yes, I also cut carbon steerer with a hacksaw. Very efficient, clean and fast. Aluminum is more difficult and I use a special tool to cut tubes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version