Author Topic: Dengfu M06  (Read 4234 times)

MickeF

• View Profile
Re: Dengfu M06
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2017, 04:12:15 AM »
I was planning to order it since Octorber and now finally did it. Expect photos/weight in about month, build list can be found here.

Same here. Just ordered! Exciting times ahead... ;)

Klaster_1

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2017, 08:45:38 AM »
More info in the dedicated thread. tldr: 2057g with stock shock bolts in size 19.5", about 8cm of rear travel.

charlesrg

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2017, 11:55:58 AM »
So, looking at this frame more closely it seems it's based off the new Yeti ASRc. Understanding it is a single pivot design i'm wondering if that's a step backwards as most "modern" designs are of the floating type suspensions. The redesigned Yeti has received good reviews and looking the frame up on Linkage Design, it has good antisquat numbers as well as pedal kickback and braking squat. I wonder how similar this frame would feel  ::)

Anyone..........anyone..........hello, Mcfly???

Did you draw the bike in Linkage ? Wondering about the anti-squat numbers.

adbl

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2017, 12:56:59 PM »
No i did not. I haven't had time yet as this is the busy season for work. I went off geometry specs but i do believe the pivot point compared to the Yeti is a little lower so i'm sure the anti-squat numbers aren't as good.

charlesrg

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2017, 06:14:46 PM »
No i did not. I haven't had time yet as this is the busy season for work. I went off geometry specs but i do believe the pivot point compared to the Yeti is a little lower so i'm sure the anti-squat numbers aren't as good.
Yep, you're right. Rainy day, so I drew it on Linkage and the anti-squat was not that great, neither the progression. I added it to Linkage library if you're curious to check.

adbl

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2017, 09:00:20 AM »
Awesome, thank you! How did you come up with the pivot point location? Did you estimate it or use a virtual measurement?

charlesrg

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2017, 09:36:06 PM »
Just used the cad drawings.