Author Topic: carbon saddle with padding  (Read 2077 times)

Rick64

carbon saddle with padding
« on: February 12, 2017, 10:46:53 AM »
Any recommendations for a carbon saddle with light padding in 132-135mm please

bxcc

Re: carbon saddle with padding
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 11:11:51 AM »

RS VR6

carbonazza

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 03:32:34 PM »
I have this saddle http://s.aliexpress.com/meUrIjqe on all my bikes( the 1156 model)

The padding is thin but surprisingly good.
Beware that there maybe cheaper but bad copies( ironic isn't it :) )

Rick64

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2017, 04:29:32 PM »
Thanks Guys. bxcc, that looks like a great deal but shipping to uk would probably make it not so....... I like the look of the SMP! and have been meaning to try one out.... Haha, yes its ironic their copying the copies. RS VR6, looks good but too wide as had a Specialized Phenom in 143mm and the thigh rub saw annoying, shame Specialized no longer make a narrower saddle to suit people with narrow hips...

gohloum

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2017, 10:44:56 PM »
Hi Rick,

I'm running the non-padded version of the saddle that Carbonazza posted (he actually turned me onto these).  You will be able to find it fairly easily on Aliexpress.  I do  25-30 mile rides off road and I can tell you it's the shape of the SMP style saddle that makes it so wonderful.  I have no issues with 2 - 3 hour rides on it because the cradle shape distributes your body weight across more contact area and relieves pressure from directly under your sit bones.

I think you will be totally happy with it, but if you ride rough terrain, find one with Titanium rails.  My first one was a G-House model with carbon rails.  I broke the rails after about 10 rides and I'm only a 155 lbs rider.  Since I switched to the titanium rails, I have been trouble free.  Also I ride over 100+ miles off road per week, so it's gotten quite a bit of use to prove it's worthiness. 

Attached is a pic of my bike with the saddle. 

carbonazza

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2017, 03:33:20 AM »
...Also I ride over 100+ miles off road per week...
Congrats !  :)

Rick64

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2017, 06:34:22 AM »
Thanks guys, I couldn't resist this for the sale price of £56 from £164.99..... 179g and very comfortable