Author Topic: Woodie 057 Update (mostly Pictures)  (Read 2438 times)

325racer

Woodie 057 Update (mostly Pictures)
« on: August 07, 2017, 01:27:32 AM »
Decided to take a few pictures before I did some cleaning.  My 057 is about 3 years old, probably has about 1000 miles on it, actually, probably less....  Most everything is great, she occasionally develops a creek here or there, that a cleaning, tightening takes care of.  Recently I bypassed the standard internal shift routing for a full length housing and things are shifting much better, better than New, I think I had a kink in the internal housing that caused me issues.

Anyway, this was the full custom pinstriping/wood grain, etc.  I didn't do any protective tape, and I don't care.  I planned to ride it and ultimately show the wear and tear.

DSC_0339.jpg by Matthew Kogan, on Flickr
DSC_0343.jpg by Matthew Kogan, on Flickr
DSC_0344.jpg by Matthew Kogan, on Flickr
DSC_0345.jpg by Matthew Kogan, on Flickr
DSC_0347.jpg by Matthew Kogan, on Flickr
DSC_0351.jpg by Matthew Kogan, on Flickr
DSC_0356.jpg by Matthew Kogan, on Flickr
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 01:33:55 AM by 325racer »

Klaster_1

Re: Woodie 057 Update (mostly Pictures)
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 02:12:41 AM »
Do you run these Thunder Burts tubeless? Are those Snakeskin? I wonder if running non-SS version tubeless has any drawbacks besides initial installation.

325racer

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 11:22:12 AM »
While I don't see specific markings on the tire stating Snake Skin, I'm pretty sure that's what I had ordered.  This is the 3rd Burt I've had on here.  The first lasted about 500 miles, and was worn out.  The second, lasted about 2-300, got a couple cuts in the sidewall that I couldn't seal, so replaced.

These are a BITCH to mount on my 35mm wide rims 29x2.1, they just don't spread out far enough without doing the install with a tube to seat the bead.  Even after that, it's still a bitch to get the second side to seat after removing the tube.  Either the 2.25 or a 30m wide rim would work better.

Klaster_1

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 11:57:46 AM »
I was able to manually seat a 2.25 TB SS on a 34mm (29mm internal) rim and pop the bead with a track pump, but thw second tire required much higher air flow. Hopefully, my set will last for a while.

adbl

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 12:22:07 PM »
I've had issues in the past getting the bead to pop on tubeless too, that's until i purchased an Airshot canister. It's a little pricey but well worth the cost. The key for me is to number 1) spray both sides of the tire with glass cleaner and number 2) stand the tire upright on the ground with the valvestem on the ground (like the six o'clock position). The tire will bunch up around the valvestem . Pump the canister up to 130 psi with a floor pump and open the valve! Pumps the tire right up and pops the beads every time. It really does work  ;D

http://www.airshotltd.com/