Author Topic: LCFS911 full suspension  (Read 82576 times)

teeroy

Re: LCFS911 full suspension
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2018, 02:19:28 PM »
The only difference is where the derailer cable runs out of the rear triangle.  Otherwise its the same.

charlesrg

« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2018, 05:59:39 PM »
The only difference is where the derailer cable runs out of the rear triangle.  Otherwise its the same.
^ 22 mm x 8 mm both ends.

Guys, would you allow me to use/post your pictures on the Frame wiki ?
http://www.bikebuilderinfo.com/bin/view/FrameList/911

So far I've added the frames that I built but I want to expand with information of others to make it easier for new people to choose and build.

teeroy

« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2018, 08:48:54 AM »
That would be ok with me.  go for it.

Noniinno

« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2018, 04:18:35 PM »
I just love this bike!

samroy92

« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2018, 04:42:38 PM »
I just love this bike!

Nice, looks good. Do you have the parts list/weight?

carbonazza

« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2018, 03:27:40 AM »
I just love this bike!
I can understand  :D

I don't see some fork/shock lock. Right?
How is the pedalling efficiency when climbing/sprinting ?

Noniinno

« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2018, 09:44:42 AM »
Quite basic build...
Reba 120mm, xtr m9000 race brakes, XT M8000  gears, sunrace 11-40 cassette, American classic hubs, DT-Swiss Competition spokes, Nextie carbon id30mm rims, Brand-X dropper post, chiner saddle, Easton carbon bar, Rocket Rons ss 2.2", RF Next cranks, eggbeater pedals, Monarch 165x38 RCT shock. Weight approx 11,3-4kg include pedals and bottle gage.

There is no need for lock outs. This frame is unbelievable good and pedal efficient. It's still very comfortable and sensitive, even for small chatter. My previous bikes were cube stereo and Epic S-works, and this frame beats them both. This is absolutely the best fully frame I never owned.

Lightcarbon bikes deserve extra points. The first frame they delivered me was a bit thin in bottom bracket area. And the bottle gage rivets were quite high. It was no possible use 750ml thermal bottle. I wrote them about these issues, and they sent me a new frame that the issues has improved. I had to pay only postage costs!! And they let me keep the old frame!

This frame is really solid, light, effective and fast enough for compare any "hi-quality" brand frame. I'm really happy with it. I use it for XCM and XCO racing and light trail riding. With 120mm fork and dropper the bike is really capable even the nastiest trails and rock gardens.

And the cons... sorry guys, haven´t found any. May be the bottle gage rivets could be 15mm lower...

« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 01:12:01 PM by Noniinno »

carbonazza

« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2018, 04:17:19 AM »
Lightcarbon bikes deserve extra points. The first frame they delivered me was a bit thin in bottom bracket area. And the bottle gage rivets were quite high. It was no possible use 750ml thermal bottle. I wrote them about these issues, and they sent me a new frame that the issues has improved. I had to pay only postage costs!! And they let me keep the old frame!

Nice ! Thanks for sharing.

Noniinno

« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2018, 09:55:16 AM »

Actually at first they promised send me a new front triangle. For some reason, I don´t know why (and it´s not bothering me at all ;)), they sent me a whole new frame with der. hanger, link bearings and shock mounting parts. Now I have spare frame!

The frame is sensitive for correct linkage screw tighten torque. If you tighten more than 10Nm (it reads at the bolts head) it starts creacking. I use loctite soft thread lock for "glueing" the metal parts to rear triangle carbon surfaces. It´s still easy remount, but the system is totally noise and creacking free.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 10:07:44 AM by Noniinno »

samroy92

« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2018, 10:32:48 AM »

Actually at first they promised send me a new front triangle. For some reason, I don´t know why (and it´s not bothering me at all ;)), they sent me a whole new frame with der. hanger, link bearings and shock mounting parts. Now I have spare frame!

The frame is sensitive for correct linkage screw tighten torque. If you tighten more than 10Nm (it reads at the bolts head) it starts creacking. I use loctite soft thread lock for "glueing" the metal parts to rear triangle carbon surfaces. It´s still easy remount, but the system is totally noise and creacking free.

That's good to know. If you received a brand new frame would you recommend applying locktite to every link/screw/bolt before starting a build?

adbl

« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2018, 02:11:14 PM »
That's good to know. If you received a brand new frame would you recommend applying locktite to every link/screw/bolt before starting a build?

I know i did with my M06. I didn't trust anything to the manufacturer so when my frame came i completely took it all apart, inspected it and put it all back together with locktite and proper torque. It's been flawless ever since  ;D

samroy92

« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2018, 03:36:30 PM »

I know i did with my M06. I didn't trust anything to the manufacturer so when my frame came i completely took it all apart, inspected it and put it all back together with locktite and proper torque. It's been flawless ever since  ;D

That's a good point, I wonder what the torque settings are going to be for all the pivots and joints. Anyone have any numbers? Or is it largely a guessing game.

Noniinno

« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2018, 05:27:47 AM »

That's a good point, I wonder what the torque settings are going to be for all the pivots and joints. Anyone have any numbers? Or is it largely a guessing game.

Correct torque value is printed on bolt heads. If I remember right, it is 10Nm all bolts.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 05:30:30 AM by Noniinno »

Klaster_1

« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2018, 02:32:58 AM »
Correct torque value is printed on bolt heads. If I remember right, it is 10Nm all bolts.
Not the case for M06, there are no torque labels anywhere on the frame, so I had to guess and used 9-10Nm for all bolts.

velocyraptor

« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2018, 04:32:44 PM »
I have one of these frames on the way and am in the process of ordering the parts to build it up. I bought a DT Swiss shock for it and need to order the bushings for it. Does anyone know what the width is for the two mounting locations? These are the bushings:

https://r2-bike.com/dt-swiss-daempfer-buchsenset-dt-8_1