Author Topic: DNM rear shock anyone?  (Read 3450 times)

Calvino

DNM rear shock anyone?
« on: March 01, 2018, 10:22:58 AM »
Good evening from Austria!

Has anyone had experiences with DNM suspension parts? In particular their rear shocks. I was thinking about getting either a air-sprung AOY-36RC or go for the more heavy duty coil sprung RCP3 shock. Strangely i need 190x51mm for my frame(that's what i measured) and it only gives right about 120mm of travel. It's a really cheap full sus with no real working shock or fork. I want to get a working shock without spending several hundred € on a name brand like Rockshox, Fox or Marzzocchi.
All the reviews i find online are either a 13yr old slightly obese american kid that acts all like"in da hood" or too short and very general ones.
Their website looks legit, genuine but with the alrdy well known google translator kinda english.
if there was alrdy made a thread about DNM, im sorry didn't find it now.

Muskokawildman

Re: DNM rear shock anyone?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2022, 08:10:59 AM »
I'm interested in knowing if the DNM rear shock is any good. I see the Lexon Riot has it as an option with a remote cable lock out.

Let us know if it is good or not......

00Garza

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2022, 07:33:20 PM »
They seem decent though I have no first hand knowledge. Better than any of the direct from china shocks for sure. I'd suggest looking at X-Fusion options as well. Pretty similar pricepoint and they come stock on lower end full sus bikes. That's gotta count for something.

Also..this should probably be in the components section.

00Garza

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2022, 09:08:29 AM »

Has anyone had experiences with DNM suspension parts? In particular their rear shocks. I was thinking about getting either a air-sprung AOY-36RC or go for the more heavy duty coil sprung RCP3 shock. Strangely i need 190x51mm for my frame(that's what i measured) and it only gives right about 120mm of travel. It's a really cheap full sus with no real working shock or fork. I want to get a working shock without spending several hundred € on a name brand like Rockshox, Fox or Marzzocchi.
All the reviews i find online are either a 13yr old slightly obese american kid that acts all like"in da hood" or too short and very general ones.
Their website looks legit, genuine but with the alrdy well known google translator kinda english.

You may find this helpful.

oldtimermaher

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2022, 03:40:18 PM »

I built a Stumpjumper with an RCP3 coil.  Comes with a 550lb coil which was too much for me at 150lb.  400lb coil was much better.  Couple of surprises:  1)bushings had a different OD than anything I used before.  2) eye-to-eye measurement are on the longer end.  Used a 210mm shock that was easily close to 220mm.
Shock was sturdy with a decent rebound and compression control.  I ran compression wide open, but had a bad bob effect while pedaling.  Not a great climber.  But it was my first coil rear shock.  So don't have any comparative experience.  I ended up replacing with an air shock (fox float) mainly due to frame rubbing due to longer eye-to-eye.