Author Topic: Pro-Mance FM015 build  (Read 6158 times)

Jan505

Pro-Mance FM015 build
« on: March 18, 2019, 12:37:38 AM »
I just ordered the FM015 from Steven at PRO-MANCE. I actually was about to order the M7007ii but right before he emailed me saying that they have 1 in stock so I decided to go hardtail until the new metric frame comes out or else I might go with edge design python one it has 165mm x 40mm rear suspension.
   If you have any experience with this frame or any other hardtail frames from pro-mance please feel free to comment.  I will be buying parts as I go so hopefully in the next few weeks I can start posting groupo and things like that. This is my first china carbon and first carbon mtb so I'm nervous about the product even though the company has great reviews but should be a great learning experience one way or another.

carbonazza

Re: Pro-Mance FM015 build
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 04:26:17 AM »
...until the new metric frame comes out...
What is this "metric" frame, you are referring to ?

... so I'm nervous about the product ...
Relax, all this website is mainly about happy people who got carbon parts from china, and Pro-Mance is good.

I look forward for your build(s).

Jan505

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 09:58:00 AM »
Sissy pants said it's going to be like the scott ransom.
I'm pretty sure that the new metric sizing rear suspension frame will  be very close to this edge python one which is probably the same bike American egale uses.
    The metric frame holds a wider shock so it has more air volume and works better. Fox hasn't made any yet but they said they support it and you can bet they will be realising metric suspension soon .

The link to the edge design python suspension option A is metric sizing and option B is regular sizing like on the m7007ii

https://www.edge-design.com.tw/Spec-PYTHON%20ONE%2029ER%20BOOST.html

circoloco

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2019, 02:06:33 PM »
I'm in touch with the edge design guys as well. If they really do produce the XL version, then this is it for me, finally. And the S version for my godson. And yes, it looks a 100% like the American Eagle Fully, and close enough to the Scott Ransom. Tires not exactly Scott, but okayish with 29”*2.3” (Scott: 2.6) or 27.5”* 2.75” tire (Scott: 2.8).

Jan505

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2019, 04:55:30 PM »
I'm in touch with the edge design guys as well. If they really do produce the XL version, then this is it for me, finally. And the S version for my godson. And yes, it looks a 100% like the American Eagle Fully, and close enough to the Scott Ransom. Tires not exactly Scott, but okayish with 29”*2.3” (Scott: 2.6) or 27.5”* 2.75” tire (Scott: 2.8).

Are you going with taiwan or china price?  I'm a little disappointed by the order timeline of 90 to 120 days but am thinking about getting one for next season to allow for time for testing. Also it's best to order 2 frames at a time with edge. Steven at pro-mance was not clear on new bike coming out but looking at edge and pro-mance they have a lot of the same mold hopefully Pro-Mance offers the new full suspension in 165 x 40 option also.

circoloco

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2019, 02:33:43 AM »
How do I get the China price? I only got a price from Taiwan, directly from Edge, and it is about 500USD more expensive than most FS frames from CN.

Jan505

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2019, 06:02:12 PM »
How do I get the China price? I only got a price from Taiwan, directly from Edge, and it is about 500USD more expensive than most FS frames from CN.

They sent me a order pdf form with taiwan and china option

Jan505

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2019, 11:31:24 AM »
Update on the build my FM015 came in the mail today. I have to say very fast shipping. I'm impressed with the frame it feels very hard to the touch. I purchased a felt carbon frame a few years ago and sold it because it felt like it would break. The carbon was soft to the touch also my friend ordered a Deng fu and his frame feels soft like the felt so I'm guessing it's the T800.

Jan505

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2020, 06:35:54 PM »
After a major delay I'm currently back on track and parts are coming in. Unfortunately Chinese New Year is right around the corner so I am waiting for China to open back up in about 6 weeks or so.

CURRENT BUILD PLANS
fox 32 sc performance fork
Xtr 9100 shifter and derailleur
Magura brakes and rotors (Not sure the model yet)
Lightcarbon rims with xt 81180 hubs
KMC chain
Ritchey wcs seatpost , stem and pedals
Lightcarbon bars

Jan505

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2020, 12:45:22 AM »
Update on this build I just installed the BB which was a interesting experience. With every turn the frame made a loud Crack then would expand and the cups popped in. My trust in pro mance carbon has definitely gone up if the frame wasn't built well it would have exploded.

ChinaCruz

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2020, 07:49:26 AM »
Those sounds aren't a good sign for a PF92bb. You should take the bb out and measure the diameter. What you're describing is too tight of a fit, which will cause the bearings to be compressed and significantly shorten their life.

Jan505

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2020, 01:01:03 PM »
Those sounds aren't a good sign for a PF92bb. You should take the bb out and measure the diameter. What you're describing is too tight of a fit, which will cause the bearings to be compressed and significantly shorten their life.

I used loctite and if it messes up a 45 dollar bb I'm ok with that. I have to order the bearing removal tool and might as well ride it till it breaks.

ChinaCruz

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2020, 07:04:33 PM »
What I am telling you has nothing to do with loctite.

Jan505

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2020, 11:55:40 AM »
What I am telling you has nothing to do with loctite.

Mate I've rode bike with cracked bb I'd don't have time to worry about bb specs the bearing are in and loctite is set I'm not taking them out if it cracks I'll file a warranty clam that simple