Author Topic: Welcome to Chinertown - Introduce Yourself!  (Read 210875 times)

c0urt

Re: Welcome to Chinertown - Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #270 on: July 04, 2018, 01:05:23 AM »
hi i'm new
i currently ride a specialized rockhopper.
on the hunt for a full suspension frame. getting there.

nicolò

« Reply #271 on: September 04, 2018, 11:19:05 AM »
Hello everyone,
my name is nicolò i'am from italy  and I will buy a 29er Chinese frame to build my bike

munkey_bwy

« Reply #272 on: September 07, 2018, 06:53:32 AM »
Hi all,

Dave here from South Lincolnshire in the UK.
Just got a Velobuild M-091, that i'm looking forward to building up.

Yetiultimate

« Reply #273 on: October 06, 2018, 12:48:10 PM »
Hello folks,

Longtime lurker that finally joined.  Living the dream in Southern California. 

Cpeba

« Reply #274 on: October 19, 2018, 12:16:23 PM »
Looking to build my first bike. I used to MTB a lot when I was younger, but switched to road/tri. Looking to get back into the game.

Located in Toronto, Canada.

Taaro

« Reply #275 on: February 06, 2019, 09:41:39 PM »
Hi.im from estonia. Great forum. Lots of useful info. Im thinking of buying carbon butget hardtail frame to upgrade my old cube analog frame.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/MTB-Frame-Full-Carbon-Fiber-Mountain-Bicycle-29er-Frames-MTB-Bike-Frameset-Blue/223008950547?var=521820586385. Im currently thinking that frame. Can this frame be used 1x10 36 chainring on front. Or is there some better frames

bacho

« Reply #276 on: February 09, 2019, 06:44:00 PM »
Hi, Like Taaro above I am also in Estonia. Been riding mtb on and off for years, got the big bad last year, did a few events and lots of riding on a Merida big nine, now looking to build a lightweight carbon XC marathon bike.

Verbl Kint

« Reply #277 on: February 12, 2019, 03:31:22 AM »
Former lurker here.  Currently considering some of the frames shown on this forum for my next AM/Enduro build.

Looking to get a 29" ride with 150mm travel or above, 66 degree head angle or slacker, 440mm chainstays, 420mm reach, and a seat tube angle of about 76 degrees or thereabouts.

Prefer single pivot and horst link designs but am more than willing to try out VPP or DW-type linkages. 

Any referrals would be appreciated, even 79ers (29" front, 27.5" at the back).

stayhigh65

« Reply #278 on: April 02, 2019, 08:33:06 AM »
Hi,

I've been toying with the idea of a Chiner for a while now but am yet to take the plunge... Currently building up an On One Scandal 29 SS to get back into riding again after a long while away and just need to sort out a couple more bits until its done.

Anyhoo, consider that a hello from me.

Happy trails :)

supermoto65

« Reply #279 on: April 02, 2019, 03:10:00 PM »
Hello,

Stumbled in here from mtbr a few days ago. Next thing you know, I'm placing an order with sissypants on a FM08. Looking forward to starting a build thread!

Thanks for the great resource!

Jasonm945

« Reply #280 on: June 11, 2019, 02:39:27 PM »
Hi Everyone,
I'm in the UK, looking to get a hardtail frame at the end of the year and I am interested in the direct-sales from China. I'm here to have a look around and gain some of your expert knowledge.

Jay

scourge

« Reply #281 on: June 28, 2019, 02:06:36 AM »
I live in St. Louis, MO in the US. I've always followed the Chinese frame threads on mtbr.com and found them very interesting. I currently have a 19 Stumpjumper and 18 Process 153 AL 29. I have always been a budget bike guy and am constantly looking out for good deals. That's one reason this site is so interesting. I'm not really looking for a frame now, but I figure by the time I am maybe the new school geometry will reach the Chinese makers.

The bikes I'd most like to see a similar Chinese frame are

-Orbea Occam with the same geometry and split pivot rear
-Commencal  Meta TR, if Commencal won't do carbon, I'd like to see someone else do it
- a Yeti knock off would be cool
-something simple like the Marin Alpine Trail

Don't really need a direct knockoff, as long as the frame performs well. Basically I would love to see a trend toward more of an Enduro geo. I would like to see more frames that aren't a solid rear triangle. I would like a pivot on the stay, seat tube, or split pivot to help alleviate some stress.

So far the Ican P9 looks the most interesting to me. I hope more frames come out in this direction.

Keep up the cool threads guys. They are fun to check out.

Mike B.

« Reply #282 on: July 16, 2019, 01:01:02 PM »
Hello from the UK, I'm currently slowly gathering parts to build a carbon hardtail, here gather info and get some tips and advice.

Cerps

« Reply #283 on: September 09, 2019, 09:39:05 AM »
I'm from Minnesota in the USA.  I'm currently riding a 2016 Specialized Stumpjumper that has more travel than I need or want.  Looking to build a xc/light trail bike around a SID ultimate fork.  My head is spinning already on which frame to build around with all the good info here.

Sitar_Ned

« Reply #284 on: September 09, 2019, 09:51:16 AM »
Welcome, Cerps and the rest of the new members... good to have you on the forums!