Author Topic: Other IP-036 Chiner FS Carbon Builds  (Read 6985 times)

Carbon_Dude

Other IP-036 Chiner FS Carbon Builds
« on: April 19, 2014, 01:41:41 PM »
Here is a link to another MTBR member's IP-036 build.  He did a nice job with his blog and he continues to update it as he does some upgrades and he also talks about an epic 7 day ride he took on his bike.

http://steveboehm.com/wordpress/

2019 Stumpjumper Expert 29/27.5+
2017 Santa Cruz Stigmata
2017 Trek Stache 9.8 (29+)
2016 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Carbon Comp 6Fattie (27.5+) (Sold)
2016 Trek Stache 9 (29+) w/upgrades (Sold)
2014 -036 Full Suspension Chiner (Sold)
2013 -057 Hardtail Carbon Chiner (Sold)
Atlanta, GA

hidperf

Re: Other IP-036 Chiner FS Carbon Builds
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 06:18:25 PM »
Here is a link to another MTBR member's IP-036 build.  He did a nice job with his blog and he continues to update it as he does some upgrades and he also talks about an epic 7 day ride he took on his bike.

http://steveboehm.com/wordpress/

I was wondering where the traffic was coming from all of the sudden. Great forum you got going here.

Thanks for the referral. I'm going to have plenty of time over the next 6 weeks to update the blog since I'm out of commission for a while after a nasty spill on my 29er 2 weeks ago. Broken collarbone :o
Day 6 update should be a big one, it was the worst day of the 7 day trip.

Sitar_Ned

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 06:39:25 PM »

I was wondering where the traffic was coming from all of the sudden. Great forum you got going here.

Thanks for the referral. I'm going to have plenty of time over the next 6 weeks to update the blog since I'm out of commission for a while after a nasty spill on my 29er 2 weeks ago. Broken collarbone :o

Hey, no problem hidperf..

Would it be possible to get a link back to chinertown somehow? Nothing major, but a brief mention in one of your articles and a link to chinertown.com would be sweet, and help the forum get more traffic from the search engines.

Also, I have pretty extensive experience with wordpress and blogging, in general, if you have any questions or just want to chat. I'll be setting up an off topic board here soon, so feel free. Just an offer, it's my other passion/hobby and I could talk about it all day. And by all means, feel free to ignore the request. Just glad to have you here at Chinertown!  ;D
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 06:43:38 PM by Sitar_Ned »

Carbon_Dude

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 06:39:38 PM »
Steve, sorry to hear you took a bad spill on your bike, hope you have a speedy recovery.  Always looking forward to seeing any of your updates, your blog is a good resource for anyone building a FS Carbon 29er.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 06:41:53 PM by Carbon_Dude »
2019 Stumpjumper Expert 29/27.5+
2017 Santa Cruz Stigmata
2017 Trek Stache 9.8 (29+)
2016 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Carbon Comp 6Fattie (27.5+) (Sold)
2016 Trek Stache 9 (29+) w/upgrades (Sold)
2014 -036 Full Suspension Chiner (Sold)
2013 -057 Hardtail Carbon Chiner (Sold)
Atlanta, GA

hidperf

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 09:43:27 PM »

Hey, no problem hidperf..

Would it be possible to get a link back to chinertown somehow? Nothing major, but a brief mention in one of your articles and a link to chinertown.com would be sweet, and help the forum get more traffic from the search engines.

Also, I have pretty extensive experience with wordpress and blogging, in general, if you have any questions or just want to chat. I'll be setting up an off topic board here soon, so feel free. Just an offer, it's my other passion/hobby and I could talk about it all day. And by all means, feel free to ignore the request. Just glad to have you here at Chinertown!  ;D

For sure. I'll make sure I mention you in my next update.

I appreciate the offer on the site. I'm just doing it for fun but I'm always looking for new ideas or recommendations.

hidperf

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 09:48:13 PM »
Steve, sorry to hear you took a bad spill on your bike, hope you have a speedy recovery.  Always looking forward to seeing any of your updates, your blog is a good resource for anyone building a FS Carbon 29er.

Thanks man! It's been terrible sitting inside while the weather outside laughs at me. Especially when my new road bike arrived the same weekend as the crash. Do you know how bad it sucks having all these bikes just sitting there, mocking me?  :P

Also thanks for the kudos on the blog. I had such a hard time finding really good info when I was building mine, that I thought I'd document it as I went along. Hopefully many people will benefit from it.
With the new road bike and me starting to commute to work every day, it might become a combination blog now.

Sitar_Ned

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2014, 10:43:02 PM »

For sure. I'll make sure I mention you in my next update.

I appreciate the offer on the site. I'm just doing it for fun but I'm always looking for new ideas or recommendations.

Awesome, thanks!

I remember when I was in 7th grade.. playing flag football and caught the ball in the end zone.. then proceeded to kneel in order to have the ball positioned on the 20, of course.. just as I kneeled, a classmate simply tackled me anyways. Heard my right collarbone snap as it happened. Wasn't really that bad until the doc attempted to set it back into place.. Oh, and the silly strap brace I had to wear for six weeks definitely sucked. They got you wearing that thing?

Morale of the story is: Don't kneel... EVER!.... RUN!  :)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 06:49:17 PM by Sitar_Ned »

Andy

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2014, 06:32:41 PM »
Sorry to hear about your accident Steve.  That's gotta be tough!  hang in there bro, you'll be healed up before you know it.