Author Topic: Chinese Santa Cruz/AM831  (Read 97070 times)

GuitsBoy

Re: Chinese Santa Cruz
« Reply #105 on: February 05, 2020, 02:08:14 PM »
On page  3 of this thread, Flo7 said Mira bike told him it would be 469usd for a 10 piece order. That's a fantastic price. Would love to get in on that.

But how does the order work? Anyone ever do a group order here? I'm guessing only one of us actually places the order of course. The rest of us send that guy the money? How do we determine who can be trusted to not rip us off?

And how does the shipping work? Does he receive all the frames then ship them all out to everyone in on the order? What will happen if warranty issues come up?

And does anyone know if there are tarriffs or duty on frames sent to the US?

I've never done a group purchase myself, but I have been part of group purchases for performance auto parts in the past.  But that was from US based companies, not china. 

Yes, its usually one guy that places the order, that guy receives them all, and then distributes to the others.  At least thats the way it worked in the past.   We typically used paypal, and group purchases were typically run by trusted members of the online community, many of which had done previous group purchases.  As far as I know, any order above $800 US is subject to customs. I have no idea what the current customs rate might be, but probably anywhere form 10% to 25% of the total order.  You'd also have to factor in state side shipping from the one delivery point to all the other purchasers.   At this point, you've likely already erased the $200 savings.

Perhaps instead, someone could negotiate a lower price with the manufacturer promising 10+ orders, but requiring each purchaser to pay the manufacturer directly, and receive the frame individually.  This puts much of the onus back on the manufacturer since they have to handle billing and shipping for each customer again, so I would not expect them to offer anything close tot he same $200 off, but they might be willing to meet somewhere in the middle.

But this is all just speculation.  I've never dealt with a manufacturer directly before regarding multiple purchases, nor do I particularly wish to do so now. 

Flo7

« Reply #106 on: February 06, 2020, 12:17:43 AM »
Eddy told me that the Link has a flip chip! The Frame will be available from Haideli, Miracle and TanTan.

The price if we take 10 or more would be crazy ;) EMS Shipping per Box (2 Frames 150USD). I will ask the companies if it possible to order ten or more but everybody order by itself!?

I think the biggest problem now is the coronavirus. Many Companies are closed or have longer holidays!

RDY

« Reply #107 on: February 06, 2020, 03:18:49 AM »
After reading about TanTan's response to poor packaging resulting in a damaged frame, I can't say I'd be rushing to buy anything from them.

What about Miracle and Haideli? Both quality and service.  Not really read much about either.

scourge

« Reply #108 on: February 06, 2020, 04:37:05 AM »
I didn't even think of how the Corona virus is disrupting things. That's a good point.

GuitsBoy

« Reply #109 on: February 06, 2020, 06:28:11 AM »
Agreed about the coronavirus.  Not sure they agree with me, but worker safety i smore important than me buying another frame.  Especially if  the frame also contains coronavirus.  I'm OK waiting for this to all hopefully blow over.

RDY

« Reply #110 on: February 06, 2020, 06:52:55 AM »
Unlikely to go back to normal or for the country to really function again until the virus season is over.  May in other words.

Jotegr

« Reply #111 on: February 06, 2020, 09:33:06 AM »
I would also prefer Haideli or Miracle, but both of those sprung up since I last got a chiner.  Plus the name Tantan is dumb :).

I'm fine to go with whenever they are ready to ship. If that's next week or May, no problem. I've got other bikes to ride.

GuitsBoy

« Reply #112 on: February 06, 2020, 09:47:20 AM »
Plus the name Tantan is dumb :).

Not if you're stranded on the frozen tundras of Hoth with nothing but a lightsaber.

RDY

« Reply #113 on: February 06, 2020, 10:12:02 AM »
I saw some older posts saying that  Ican and Miracle are the same company.  However if that was true, I'm not sure if it is now.

Haideli / Tideace were the same entity apparently. Again unsure if they still are, or if Haideli were just supplying Tideace the product for their brand.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 10:20:17 AM by RDY »

Flo7

« Reply #114 on: February 16, 2020, 01:06:55 AM »
Little Update:

They will start to work on 2nd of march, the 17,5" frame would be ready end of march and the 16" frame will be ready end of April!

We'll see what happens to the coronavirus...

ReverendRockRazor

« Reply #115 on: February 16, 2020, 12:40:52 PM »
 A vaccine is 18 months away and the virus is spreading and able to survive in the open for days.

I dont see things getting better any time soon.

freeride1

« Reply #116 on: February 16, 2020, 02:41:22 PM »
I'd like to bang on this frame too, asked Eddy some info and told me 19" isn't ready yet; waiting for answer about 17,5" that is the right size for me, and last Flo7's message answer it.
Had a reply from Miracle, they're not working on this frame...waiting news from TanTan too.

Has anyone asked Eddy about Chinertown forum bulk price?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 02:43:20 PM by freeride1 »
Enduro, gravel, road rider from Italy

ChinerCaroliner

« Reply #117 on: February 16, 2020, 10:21:53 PM »
Miracle sent me an email this weekend stating the frame just went to open mold and they would have a sample soon.
Who knows...

scourge

« Reply #118 on: February 17, 2020, 06:46:18 PM »
Looking forward to seeing it.

I haven't asked Eddie about bulk pricing yet. Anyone else?

freeride1

« Reply #119 on: February 26, 2020, 02:05:39 AM »
a little update...Eddy just wrote me an email and he confirm a generic march as frame availabilty timing.
Asked about a bulk price for the Chinertown community
I'll update here as soon as I'll got the reply.
Enduro, gravel, road rider from Italy