Other Resources > Vendor Discussion & Reviews

Elite Carbon Wheels factory store

(1/2) > >>

bxcc:
I’ve been looking for some rims for my incoming Waltly Ti build for a month now. I’ve emailed TanTan, Nextie, and BTLOS. The biggest disappointment was in Nextie which was a little surprising. I stumbled on Elite on AliExpress and shot them a message via AE. Response time and communication has been excellent so far. I needed up ordering a set of rims for myself and a friend. Hopefully everything comes in as advertised and in a timely fashion. I’ll keep this thread updated as the sale moves along.

Purchase date: June 19, 2020

Rim 1 (mine):
29er asymmetric XC rim
33mm outer
27mm inner
29mm depth
350g advertised weight
28 hole
12k twill weave
Matte finish

Rim 2:
27.5 symmetrical AM rim
40mm outer
35mm inner
30mm depth
450g advertised weight
28 hole
Ud weave
Matte finish

MTB2223:
Interesting. Do you have a link to the AE store of this seller?

bxcc:
What bothered me about the other vendors is that when I asked for a quote for 2 pair and buying direct, the price always went up from what was advertised. I’ll admit that I was hoping for a discount but I never asked for one. With Elite, they told me the sale ends soon so I should buy soon and included a small coupon for buying 2 pair.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_dWS7ZiY

carbonazza:
Just curious. What made you decide for Elite ?
The price, or the rim models/hubs/spokes available ?

bxcc:

--- Quote from: carbonazza on June 22, 2020, 04:27:30 AM ---Just curious. What made you decide for Elite ?
The price, or the rim models/hubs/spokes available ?

--- End quote ---

Communication, price, rim model, and options. I could have varied a bit on the inner dimension if the price was significantly better. Honestly, I never even thought of getting a spoke price. With Peter, I'd usually get spokes from him as well. I think I found some DT Aerolite spokes for my rims that will work with 350 centerlock hubs. For me, centerlock 350's are the best bang for the buck as they are quite a bit lighter than their 6 bolt version.

Communication has been excellent. Most messages via AliExpress have been responded to within a few hours. Except weekends of course. And Sukie (person I've been in contact with) either speaks extremely good english or they are using an amazing translator. I'd be very surprised if it was a translator as the communication has been on par with Peter. 

The rim model is pretty much spot on for what I wanted. I plan on running 2.25 to 2.35 tires so 27mm inner and 350g is perfect.

I ended up paying $580 for both sets of rims shipped to the US so the price was great.

As for options, they offer them in a 12k twill weave which looks pretty cool to me. I've been wanting 12k for my last two sets of rims but Peter didn't offer that in the models I wanted. The twill version just looks a little more unique. Here's a picture of the 12k twill if anyone is interested. https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/H547f6b767b7348a3a09f03bf61656a08T.jpg

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version