Author Topic: ICAN triaero A9  (Read 36521 times)

Michelemonta

Re: ICAN triaero A9
« Reply #90 on: April 01, 2021, 03:55:32 PM »
Finally finished..
Tomorrow morning I will ride it..

Hans66

« Reply #91 on: April 02, 2021, 12:41:07 AM »
Nice Bike !, enjoy your ride

Michelemonta

« Reply #92 on: April 02, 2021, 08:38:46 AM »
Nice Bike !, enjoy your ride

Thanks so much

xicsx

« Reply #93 on: April 04, 2021, 12:18:39 AM »
Very nice ... regarding the assembly had you problems?
I read on forums that some had problems with the stem
What pedals did you put?

Michelemonta

« Reply #94 on: April 04, 2021, 10:05:00 AM »
The hardest part of installation was the internal cables into the handlebar..
4 cables..

xicsx

« Reply #95 on: April 04, 2021, 12:33:16 PM »
No other problems?
What pedals did you put?

Michelemonta

« Reply #96 on: April 04, 2021, 12:38:17 PM »
I had to insert a shim over the headset bearing ..because if I close the top cap too hard, the handlebar wouldn't turn.
0.5 mm shim..
the pedals are crank Brothers Candy. because I use mtb shoes and then I prefer a pedal with double coupling

KristianT

« Reply #97 on: April 05, 2021, 02:11:37 PM »
]

Looking good, got more pics?
It hard to see the color right

Krapotke

« Reply #98 on: April 11, 2021, 12:24:04 PM »
Finally my first Testride. It took a time because I have to wait for the Wheels..
In addition I have a little Problem with the Headset. I thought i fixed it but after the Testride I got bearing clearance again..

Krapotke

« Reply #99 on: April 12, 2021, 12:06:59 PM »
Finally my first Testride. It took a time because I have to wait for the Wheels..
In addition I have a little Problem with the Headset. I thought i fixed it but after the Testride I got bearing clearance again..

If anybody wants to know..
I took the size 56 and I am 188cm tall, I take the 110mm Stem and the bike fits like a condom. Dont take the 58 and go for the Sizing Chart on their website.

The weight of the Bike is exact 8kg and includes everything you see on the picture. including the fitlock bottle holder on the downtube (small black thing)

I thought it was a good Idea to let the FD cable go through the "Downtubehole" (a bit of engineering skills was necessary) because i can place a barrel adjuster on the Front and in addition I got more room in the Handlebar and Headtube for the rest of the cabling - the Result is that I nearly dont need the Barreladjuster to bring enough tension to the FD  ::) 

The Groupset is a Mixture of SRAM Force/Rival, Zrace and Sensah - works very well and crispy

Michelemonta

« Reply #100 on: April 12, 2021, 12:15:28 PM »
How did you try to adjust the headset play ?
I put 0.5 mm of round shims cutted..

Krapotke

« Reply #101 on: April 12, 2021, 01:47:05 PM »
How did you try to adjust the headset play ?
I put 0.5 mm of round shims cutted..

I put some Carbon paste on the expander. It looks like that the Expander gets pushed up if you ride on cobblestone for example.
For now it works... but I just ride nice Tarmac so..   Another Option I read about is to put an old cutted Tube over the expander

What do you mean with "0.5 mm of round shims cutted" ?

Michelemonta

« Reply #102 on: April 12, 2021, 02:43:24 PM »
I bought these micro shims and cutted 4 or 5 of them to adapt them to the space over the headset.. Now I' m thinking about doing a shim cutted by a 1 mm Iron shim by a friend of mine that works metal for work.

Michelemonta

« Reply #103 on: April 24, 2021, 02:49:08 AM »
Here we are..

dimoul

« Reply #104 on: May 05, 2021, 10:21:11 PM »
So nice to find a bunch of fellow A9 riders!  All my riding buddies are like Why? I built mine in Nov/Dec. 3500 miles. 6? races. 1 crash at 39mph. and only a minor scratch to the bike...my build is XL, Hb017. ultegra di2, quarq pwm w duraace chain rings, toseek carbon saddle, tokyo wheels epic 3.4, shimano ultegra pedals, aftermarket TAs I forget brand. Since the pics I've removed headset spacers and cut stem more. I've struggled with creaky headset and saddle rail clamps that allow saddle creep on 2 different saddles but I think I've fixed it by painting a tad of epoxy with skid proof mixed in on top and bottom of the rails. I maybe should have gotten the L and I'm 6'2". it's a big bike. handles very well super smooth and stiff. I started riding this bike at 220 lbs weight but I'm losing weight, down to 194 so far. Great bike.

I was new to building fully internal integrated hydraulic. Routing cables in the handlebar was very difficult. I also goofed and cut the steerer to short but Doris at Ican was like no problem and sent me a matching replacement for like $120! I will say on routing dont worry so much about dinging and kinking the ends of the hydraulics lines. Remember you will be cutting that part off anyways.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 10:49:17 PM by dimoul »