Author Topic: Chinese cycling clothes  (Read 65940 times)

SillyMochi

Re: Chinese cycling clothes
« Reply #420 on: September 05, 2024, 05:49:05 AM »
They arrived today so I went for 90 minute tempo ride as soon as I pulled them out of the package.

Honest question: Are you not washing your cloths, bibs especially, before first ride? Maybe I'm weird but I'm not sure I want my junk rubbing against any industry left-overs from the factory.

pushpush

« Reply #421 on: September 05, 2024, 11:26:50 AM »
Honest question: Are you not washing your cloths, bibs especially, before first ride? Maybe I'm weird but I'm not sure I want my junk rubbing against any industry left-overs from the factory.

Sounds exciting.

Pedaldancer

« Reply #422 on: September 05, 2024, 05:10:50 PM »

It's not only left-overs. To not have transport damages from fabric eaters , they put chemicals on the clothes. That's definitely  what you don't want on your skin.

Phaxe

« Reply #423 on: September 05, 2024, 08:04:41 PM »
Yesterday received spexcel top and penis knockoff bibs (pimmer) - I can't believe how far Chinese cycling clothing has come over the years. Both are excellent, I'd say the PNS bibs are about 85% of the real deal, and good enough for training.

The Spexcel top is lovely, apart from the zip. I just wish the Chinese clothing had better zips, but apart from that, all ok!

Crash217

« Reply #424 on: September 09, 2024, 01:35:35 PM »

I was really hoping for superpowers for maybe some exciting color transfer.  Nothing happened, Just a nice ride comfortable ride.     Some of the graphic they put on the chamois started to peel off. Sent them a message about it and they offered me $6 off my next purchase.  Acceptable given its not something that *should* affect how the chamois functions.

ChinerStevie

« Reply #425 on: September 09, 2024, 02:10:52 PM »
Anyone can recommend a long bib for autumn/winter with extra long legs for tall riders?

00Garza

« Reply #428 on: September 10, 2024, 09:50:48 AM »
Anyone have luck with a good set of cargo bibs?
I dislike my Spexcel pair for longer rides.

PLA

« Reply #429 on: September 10, 2024, 11:57:25 AM »
Thanks, but their size chart goes only to 185cm. I'm 2m...

Cheji seem to be tall person friendly. I'm 190cm and have 3 of their skinsuits in large and a pair of long bibs in xl. They go up to xxxl so may cater for you, Shaq.

terboam

« Reply #430 on: September 10, 2024, 06:41:09 PM »
Cheji seem to be tall person friendly. I'm 190cm and have 3 of their skinsuits in large and a pair of long bibs in xl. They go up to xxxl so may cater for you, Shaq.
I'm the same height, can I ask what's your weight and how well the XL and the L fits you? Thanks!

hsaus

« Reply #431 on: September 10, 2024, 06:50:59 PM »
I have a pair of Cheji bib shorts, and it has the shortest legs of all my bib shorts. So short that I only use that pair on the indoor trainer.

PLA

« Reply #432 on: September 10, 2024, 06:53:42 PM »
I'm the same height, can I ask what's your weight and how well the XL and the L fits you? Thanks!

No probs. I'm 80kg and 92cm inseam, I prefer the fit of the large skinsuit but the material is really stretchy. I got xl for the long bibs because I never really know how stretchy the straps will be or how long the legs will be. I reckon large would've been fine because the straps are really stretchy and leg length is fine.

kubackje

« Reply #433 on: September 11, 2024, 07:25:21 AM »
I am 187 with 87.5 inseam and find cheji bibshorts length perfectly. In size XL they are longer then my assos in the same size. On the longer side I own L size spexcel bib shorts and they are almost touching the knee.

Attached few photos from what I've found in the gallery so you can see the difference

Crash217

« Reply #434 on: September 17, 2024, 09:40:56 AM »
I am 187 with 87.5 inseam and find cheji bibshorts length perfectly. In size XL they are longer then my assos in the same size. On the longer side I own L size spexcel bib shorts and they are almost touching the knee.

Attached few photos from what I've found in the gallery so you can see the difference

How would you rate the Cheji bibs compared to Spexcel and Assos?