Author Topic: The Shiny New AM831 Group Buy (A) Thread!  (Read 126232 times)

FlaMtnBkr

Re: The shiney new AM831 Group Buy thread!
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2021, 02:42:10 AM »
Not to bring up a sore subject, but was a BSA BB an option? Would others prefer it? I haven't gone and found it but I'm pretty sure it was discussed at one point and one supplier was offering it as an option but don't remember which one?

I'll be in for one or 2. Does anyone know if matte or glossy is determined by clear coat? Would clear coat be considered paint? Is it needed or is the base option ok?

Also, was there a link to accessories? Its not showing up currently... If I'm paying shipping I want to see what other goodies can be crammed in!

RobertRinAustin

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2021, 08:46:17 AM »
Not to bring up a sore subject, but was a BSA BB an option? Would others prefer it? I haven't gone and found it but I'm pretty sure it was discussed at one point and one supplier was offering it as an option but don't remember which one?

I'll be in for one or 2. Does anyone know if matte or glossy is determined by clear coat? Would clear coat be considered paint? Is it needed or is the base option ok?

Also, was there a link to accessories? Its not showing up currently... If I'm paying shipping I want to see what other goodies can be crammed in!
I'd much rather have BSA, but was told be every vendor it's not an option. It would require a mold change. Not sure on the matte/ clear question. When you place your order, you can ask about any accessories you want.

jham

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2021, 09:18:07 PM »
well i just ordered three frames from eddy h. here we go ladies and gents.

Eddy-haideli

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2021, 10:09:47 PM »
Please sent me the email for confirm the order details of the color and size.
Sorry that i would not be always online here, so email would be best.
If you want to add in group buy, please contact me immediately by email eddy@haidelibicycle.com

Thanks
Eddy

Jotegr

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2021, 10:48:23 PM »
OK, if we hit the minimum numbers I'm in for a small.  Canada

GeeWin

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2021, 03:18:48 AM »
Hi, also in for size Large to Hungary

Eddy-haideli

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2021, 03:38:55 AM »
Okay, please contact me by email to confirm the order details of the color and size.

Eddy@haidelibicycle.com

EddScott

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2021, 06:48:19 AM »
I don't think we're committed to anyone yet. I think we go with whoever offers the best value. I believe that is probably Eddy/ Haideli. Price for the frame is the same, but Haideli include headset, bb, axle and seat post clamp. Painting is also much cheaper, $20 vs $70.

No final decision had been made. However, I have had more contact with Miracle than Eddy/Haideli/Top Fire.

I had intended to wait until we had minimum of 30 orders before choosing the manufacturer/re-seller. 

However, this option may suit the forum better as Eddy-Haideli is already on here as a member.

I would suggest members make their order direct with Eddy-Haideli and then update this thread with their order.  I will then update the first post.

RobertRinAustin

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2021, 08:09:37 AM »
Ordered a medium chameleon green with Eddy.

BTW, he said no shock option at this time.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 08:12:33 AM by RobertRinAustin »

scourge

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2021, 11:52:51 AM »
So we just place orders with Eddie and tell him it's part of the group buy?

To paint or not to paint? That is the question.

RobertRinAustin

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2021, 01:23:26 PM »
So we just place orders with Eddie and tell him it's part of the group buy?

To paint or not to paint? That is the question.
Yes and yes. Seriously, I'm team no paint but for $20 for "chameleon" paint, I couldn't resist.

Mumblejack

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2021, 05:01:28 PM »
I'm just confused how the group buy with Eddy will work with people prepaying. So you go ahead and pay. Well what if only 30 people sign up? Do you have to pay him more? What if 15 end up doing it? Then what? Does your money get refunded? Or do we just pay the 499 and we're guaranteed to get a frame for that price?

jham

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2021, 08:45:26 PM »
what color is the chameleon green robert? what number on their color chart?

Kramerfiely

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2021, 09:08:04 PM »
I’m in - small, USA

RobertRinAustin

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2021, 10:36:12 PM »
what color is the chameleon green robert? what number on their color chart?
I don't think it's one of the colors on the chart. I have no idea what it's going to look like, but for $20, I'll give it a go. I'm hoping it's a dark or medium green with color shifting. Maybe it's green and purple but Eddy's email reply to me made it seem like it was either green or purple, so not sure what to expect. I can rattle can it if I don't like it, but a seriously doubt that will be the case. I'm not real picky.