Author Topic: Carbonda or Carbon Speed  (Read 1969 times)

tripleDot

Carbonda or Carbon Speed
« on: March 23, 2021, 11:41:39 AM »
I'm looking (actually ready to purchase) for a 29er or 29+ cf fork with gear/bottle cage mounts. And Carbonda & Carbon Speed both have a model.

My problem is neither is responding to my emails. Anyone in contact with either one?

July 2020 - Custom Waltly Ti 29er
Nov 2018 - Custom Waltly Ti Gravel
Apr 2018 - CS-496 29x3.0 - stripped
Feb 2018 - CS-RB01 (SS Road)
Sep 2016 - CS-RB01 (road sold)
Jun 2016 - Chinese CF XC - stripped
Mar 2016 - Haro Projekt (sold)
Feb 2008 - Jamis Durango 29 (sold)
Mar 2001 - Scott Scale (sold)

carbonazza

Re: Carbonda or Carbon Speed
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2021, 12:21:54 PM »
I'm looking (actually ready to purchase) for a 29er or 29+ cf fork with gear/bottle cage mounts. And Carbonda & Carbon Speed both have a model.

My problem is neither is responding to my emails. Anyone in contact with either one?

Yes, Wing at Carbonda replies quickly in general, but I'm a regular buyer there.
I remember telling her there were some folks not receiving replies.
She explained, sometimes you need to check your spam folder. They have issues with that.
And if your question or need is about something that is not ready and will come in a few months, it falls in the queue.
For instance if you ask them for a hardtail, since they focus on grave and full sus now, I guess you fall behind.
Maybe it is cultural to handle clients this way.

I don't know how Peter is doing now after his pause.
But it was always great to deal with. Not sure where he was getting his frame from.
Recently I saw that one https://www.lightcarbon.com/lightweight-lightest-cross-country-mountain-bike-frameset_p66.html that looks to a new version of the 041 Peter was the only one to sell here at that time.
Flybike-asia behind Carbonda, have a copy of the Stache he was selling too.
So maybe he had various sources, this was always opaque.

bxcc

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2021, 12:45:35 PM »

Sorry, this doesn't address the "Carbonda or Carbon Speed" question but since you've dealt with Waltly in the past, I wanted to mention it.

Have you checked with Waltly? Supposedly, they have quite a few models available. You just have to ask for it. This one for my gravel build is $120 which seems really reasonable to me. that includes the thru-axle. But it only fits a 700*54 or 29*2.125 tire.

tripleDot

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2021, 09:08:20 PM »
@Carbonazza, I am aware of the Junk/Spam folder issue and it's not the case. I already had contact with Adam of Carbonda just before the Chinese New Year (Feb), he told me their new fork won't be available until March. March came and no response from them anymore.

With Peter of CS, I was also able to had a chat with him last week via Messenger and suddenly he stopped responding. I've send him emails and even posted on his FB page and no response.

@bxcc, unfortunately the minimum tire I'm using is at least 29x2.25 & I'd like the option of putting a 29x3.0 as well.
July 2020 - Custom Waltly Ti 29er
Nov 2018 - Custom Waltly Ti Gravel
Apr 2018 - CS-496 29x3.0 - stripped
Feb 2018 - CS-RB01 (SS Road)
Sep 2016 - CS-RB01 (road sold)
Jun 2016 - Chinese CF XC - stripped
Mar 2016 - Haro Projekt (sold)
Feb 2008 - Jamis Durango 29 (sold)
Mar 2001 - Scott Scale (sold)