Other Resources > After The Ride

26 isnt dead...or is it?

(1/3) > >>

tasty.dirt74:
SO, does anyone else ride a 26 inch bike anymore?

I do. ;D

A new set of rims are coming in the next couple of weeks.

They are to use the existing hubs on the bike ATM.

Roval hubs with DT Swiss internals and a 20mm Roval on the front.

Sitar_Ned:
Dead? Not quite... but def on life support.

With 27.5 and 29 it seems those will be the dominant wheel sizes, and mainly the people that are on 26 inches are people that already had those bikes. In other words, I don't think many new bikes being sold are of the 26 variety. Thus, they will just slowly fade away.. Or who knows, maybe they make a complete resurgence? I could be wrong, of course.

brmeyer135:
I think the main bikes sold in the 26" size are long travel.
My brother has many bikes...all 29" except his 'jump' bike, a Specialized Enduro, which is a 26"

snipe:
If Giant has its way 26 is dead,  29 is dying and 27.5 is going to be it.   So is 27.5 the best all around or is it good at neither.   For my money the 27.5 is as nimble as 26 but adds in a little roll over advantage.   however a 29er on the right trails or in good hands is faster, carries that speed and rolls over stuff easier...however its a bit cumbersome in tight techy trails.  my 2 cents. 

I have all three sizes but am cleaning out the 26.  When there are more tire selections for 27.5 then I will be a happy camper.

tasty.dirt74:

--- Quote from: brmeyer135 on October 10, 2014, 03:18:41 PM ---I think the main bikes sold in the 26" size are long travel.
My brother has many bikes...all 29" except his 'jump' bike, a Specialized Enduro, which is a 26"

--- End quote ---

This../\/\/\.

I have a 29er hardtail for xc races, and a SWorks Enduro for the fun trails.. ;D

If I was to look at a new bike as a replacement, then it would prob end up being a 650B. For no other reason as that there will be more options in that wheel size in the next couple of years.

I have just replaced the fork on the enduro, and am getting a wheelset built for it, so it realistically wont be going anywhere soon!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version