Author Topic: Electronic devices  (Read 5115 times)

1Sigma

Re: Electronic devices
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2022, 06:19:59 AM »
How are your Magene P325 CS cranks doing? Would you still recommend them? I'm looking for a new set of cranks with a power meter for my VB-R-168 at the moment and they're at the top of my list.

So far so good, I didn't get much outdoor time with it before the cold weather came and it got hooked up to the trainer.  Power seems consistent, not a single signal drop so far.
Better than average - Extra Average

cybrsrce

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2022, 06:22:17 AM »
You're right, after a few more rides.
I would say, it just drops less >:(

I don't think I have noticed a drop from my Karoo 2/Sigeyi PM01 on my gravel bike.  Does it just goe missing for a while or is it a sawtooth pattern in power data?  I'll have to poke through Strava.
When my BB bearings go I'll be "upgrading" to the Rival AXS crankset with the spindle mounted left side power meter hoping all that SRAM will add up to better data collection.  Not that I'm good at it or looking for better performance, I just like data...

BREAKING NEWS !

SRAM bought Hammerhead.
Hopefully this will help them to fix the lost powermeter issue  ???

Along with that I am hoping for quick AXS Web integration, only been waiting for a year now :)

I got the Karoo 2 for better mapping (over the Wahoo Roam) and the novelty of having a dedicated sim card.  I'm also not a huge fan of the new settings/drop down menu overhaul, all I want to do is lock the touchscreen and they've made that more difficult to get to now.  Just have to get used to it, I don't like to be the guy that shakes an angry fist to the sky when there are changes.
If Wahoo releases a Roam v2 I may be tempted but I'm a SRAM fan, hope they guide the Hammerhead team in a more cohesive direction in the future.  It may not reap benefits until a new unit is released.

RDY

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2022, 05:59:49 AM »
Aside from software stuff, I hope SRAM will dump the shitty mount and use much better batteries in the next revision. 

Bryton just released the S500 with a claimed 30 hour battery life (I'm guessing 20-25 is more realistic) ...meanwhile K2 6h if you're lucky with high screen brightness, 8h otherwise  :-\

saintrider

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2022, 10:00:41 AM »
.Hey its an android. What gives the Karoo a big potencial is also its biggest downfall. They took a platform that basically allows for everything and stripped it down. Very different from building (Like wahoo for example) something from the ground up. In my view they will face alot of big challenges to keep things under control (more even when it allows for you to load side apps in the karoo).
Dont even want to think when they switch android version.
Hopefully im wrong.... 8)

carbonazza

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2022, 10:37:44 AM »
...I don't think I have noticed a drop from my Karoo 2/Sigeyi PM01 on my gravel bike.  Does it just goe missing for a while or is it a sawtooth pattern in power data?
The power meter is dropped after a pause, sometimes a minute is enough, sometimes it stays.
It looks to be a random issue but frequent, and once it goes, only a click on Sensors' menu gets it back.

...Along with that I am hoping for quick AXS Web integration, only been waiting for a year now :)...
Interesting. Web integration to do what ?

...I'm also not a huge fan of the new settings/drop down menu overhaul...
Me neither, but I start to get used to it...

If Wahoo releases a Roam v2 I may be tempted but I'm a SRAM fan, hope they guide the Hammerhead team in a more cohesive direction in the future.  It may not reap benefits until a new unit is released.
I'm looking forward to what both innovative companies will do, in any case, I'm quite happy with the Karoo 2 as long as I don't stop in the middle of a ride  ;D

carbonazza

« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2022, 10:08:29 PM »
From the last release note, can't believe it!

Improved Sensor Search

We’ve improved the Karoo’s sensor searching behavior to make connecting to sensors more likely, especially after breaks in the middle of your rides. Now, Karoo will search for any disconnected sensors as soon as you start moving.  :D

hazzer19

« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2022, 10:42:25 PM »

Improved Sensor Search

We’ve improved the Karoo’s sensor searching behavior to make connecting to sensors more likely, especially after breaks in the middle of your rides. Now, Karoo will search for any disconnected sensors as soon as you start moving.  :D

;D let us know how you make out after the update!

While I thought the issue with the frequent drops to my secondary PM was related to it not being the primary one, I think its more related to the connection between that PM and the K2 itself as I had the same issues with it once I moved it to the top of the priority list. That being said I didn't have the same issue with my Wahoo Roam. Looking forward to testing after the new update.

RDY

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2022, 04:50:15 AM »

Improved Sensor Search

Looks like SRAM already fixing shit.  Albeit the note doesn't inspire much confidence "more likely".

damianpia

« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2022, 04:13:46 AM »
Little post about electronic devices from me:

Thinkrider X7 Pro V3 - version with up to 8% grade, already did 3000km+ on Zwift - works flawlessly :)