Author Topic: Custom made clothing (jerseys)  (Read 2814 times)

KGB

Custom made clothing (jerseys)
« on: October 12, 2014, 11:31:24 PM »
Hi guys, has anybody had any custom riding gear made from vendors on Alibaba? I only want three jerseys for a MTB event coming up but haven't ordered from Alibaba before, let alone ordered clothing.

Any help or advice is appreciated.

KGB.

MTB2223

Re: Custom made clothing (jerseys)
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 02:21:09 AM »
Last year I ordered a bib shorts and a jersey in China, not customized, but an Assos replica. My size in normally M, but the Chinese sizes are a lot smaller. So, I ordered a XL bib shorts and a XL jersey. The bib shorts size was perfect. The jersey size was a little bit to big. Next time I will order a XL size bib shorts and a L size jersey.
Be aware of a delivery time of four weeks.

The chamois/pad is okay. Nothing specials and not bad.
One little negative point is the black color of the bib shorts. The cloth is not black, but white and painted black. When you stretch the cloth, you can see the white a little bit. So, it's not really black. But who care, the price is great!

KGB

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 05:58:31 AM »
Thanks, exactly the info I was looking for.
I want jerseys only, the ride is a 100km MTB event so we'll all wear shorts we are already comfortable with.

Could you send me a PM with some more details of your source?
Thanks again.

MTB2223

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 03:24:48 PM »
I ordered it from AliExpress. Don't know the seller anymore, but that's not really important.

When you search on "jersey cycling customized", you find a lot of sellers:
http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?SearchText=jersey+cycling+customized&catId=200005098&initiative_id=AS_20141014122147

KGB

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 05:00:27 PM »
Cool, thanks for the search pointer. I've sent out a few queries so will see what I get back. I'll update the thread with some details as it all proceeds in case the info is of any use in the future.

pre10dr

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 01:33:20 PM »
I just ordered a set of bib trousers with custom jersey in regular quality and in high quality.

Ordered here:
Suzhou Bohang Sport CO.,LTD
www.sportswear.net.cn
www.mysenlan.com

Contact via email is very swift and answers very extensive. Something i missed when asking questions about much more expensive gear (frames) in china.

Cost is 25$ for one set in regular quality + 15 $ low volume extra charge
Cost is 61$ for one set in top quality + 15 $ low volume extra charge
Shipping 30$

For the low volume order i did its rather expensive but still much cheaper then custom stuff here in germany.

Will report on the quality once i get the package. Shipping should take about 14 days.

KGB

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2014, 10:46:03 PM »
Looks great pre10dr.

I've just taken delivery of my jerseys:

I only needed three but ordered two each (6 jerseys total). Price was $14USD each plus $35USD shipping to me in Sydney, Australia. With the shipping, transfer, exchange fees etc it worked out to about $147 AUD for all six, delivered which I was happy with.
Printing is very high quality, fabric is OK for a budget level and the small features like zippers and silicon hems look good.
Overall: I'm very happy. Next time I'd consider paying more for a premium fabric but for the price, these are great.

I went with Maria at http://wiyroad.en.alibaba.com/