Author Topic: any 61+ frame retailers besides dengfu?  (Read 696 times)

Nickk2000

any 61+ frame retailers besides dengfu?
« on: May 04, 2021, 10:11:15 AM »
looking for other 61+ frames as im a big guy. can only find dengfu. they have nice options for bikes but id like to explore other options so im wondering if you guys have ordered elsewhere and seen a 61 size.

Matt_C

Re: any 61+ frame retailers besides dengfu?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2021, 11:28:13 AM »
Frame sizes mean nothing. Give is some stack and reach numbers. Iv found a 54 frame with 613 stack.

Nickk2000

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2021, 05:53:21 PM »
i dont know my optimal stack and reach number... i always went with frame sizing... i know its the wrong way to do it and ill probably be called an idiot but ive only ever had a 61 cm gravel bike and my new fm098 that i rode. so i guess i should spend a lot of time on my road bike currently before i take my stack and reach into any consideration?

Matt_C

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2021, 11:28:20 AM »
Have you ridden a name brand bike? What was the size like? Let's say you rode a 60cm emonda and it was perfect. Look on geometry geeks to find the stack and reach of that bike. When looking at open mould frames use those figures to guide you.

Nickk2000

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2021, 02:33:57 PM »
someone told me the dengfu r12 has geometry like an emonda or domane so i will see how that pairs up when it comes. if the r12 fits me really nicely i guess that answers my question...
i have a cervelo aspero (not a dentist) but its a gravel bike so i cant really speak for road bike geometry on it. only other road bike i have is the fm098 which is stiff as hell and hurts my back after 90 mins of riding (though i just took it on its first ride last night). I rode my dads old caad10 before i sold it for him but it was a 56 so naturally itll be too small (me being 6'7) i noticed my neck started to hurt on that bike because i was way too upright and i would have to tilt my head up.

Matt_C

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2021, 06:26:37 AM »
if the aspero rides comfortable and doesn't hurt you but the fm098 was too aggressive then you know your stack and reach should lie shomewhere between those bikes. if you only go off frame size numbers you are really limited and a 61 size frame might even end up being too small.

Matt_C

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2021, 06:36:00 AM »
just compared the two frames. it should be easy to have the exact same fit on both bikes with the right number of spacers and stem length. Two nice bikes to have, relaxed handling and comfortable aspero along with the racier fm098.

Matt_C

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2021, 06:48:13 AM »
take a look at this gravel bike. size 54 on paper. geometry could easily be a 60cm bike.