Author Topic: FR-216 / FR-217 from Flyxii Experience?  (Read 4967 times)

bigportions

FR-216 / FR-217 from Flyxii Experience?
« on: October 28, 2014, 12:03:13 AM »
Not a whole lot of info on this forum about Flyxii and was wondering what peoples experience was dealing with them.
I am considering buying the frame / fork FR-217 because it appears the geo will fit me well as I have a large inseam and a shorter reach. Really like the option of 142 in rear and the 15mm thru on the fork. I also like that they post all of their prices directly on the site where as it can take up to several days to get a quote from other sellers. Hoping I could get some feedback. Thanks

http://flyxii.com/en/products/flx-fr-217-matt-15mm.html
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 12:48:24 AM by bigportions »

SamSkjord

• Professional skjord racer. Powered by carrots.
    • View Profile
    • Cash4bones.com
Re: FR-216 / FR-217 from Flyxii Experience?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 01:41:55 AM »
I bought my bouncybike from them.
Their website isn't the best but they were easy to deal with through email and they sent an extra mech hanger for free  ;D

Digi

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 03:58:01 AM »
I bought all my carbon road bike parts from them a couple years ago and the process was smooth for the most part.  They sent me the wrong fork and had me mail it to someone in the US.  Once they got the fork, they sent out the correct one and refunded my shipping.  One other thing...I ordered two different sets of water bottle holders and one of the sets was too short to fit a standard bottle.  Since Chinese carbon has come further in the past couple years, I'm not sure if this is an issue anymore.

Recently I bought a FR-211 frame, headset, bars, stem, 2 seat posts, and bottle cage.  I forgot to specify the bottom bracket and they emailed back promptly asking for which one I wanted.  I was expecting to wait a few weeks but got everything in just 4 days.  Crazy time!  They forgot to send the headset and after I emailed them, they replied and had it to me within a couple weeks.

If I remember correctly, they replied to all my emails in 6-24 hours.

Carbon_Dude

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 07:00:30 AM »
There have been a few complaints about Flyxii on MTBR, however they sell a lot of frames so they are bound to have a few complaints.  A few people have stated that Flyxii may be selling second quality merchandise and that's why their prices are cheaper than the other carbon bike sellers, but I am just repeating what others have posted, I have no personal experience with Flyxii.
2019 Stumpjumper Expert 29/27.5+
2017 Santa Cruz Stigmata
2017 Trek Stache 9.8 (29+)
2016 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Carbon Comp 6Fattie (27.5+) (Sold)
2016 Trek Stache 9 (29+) w/upgrades (Sold)
2014 -036 Full Suspension Chiner (Sold)
2013 -057 Hardtail Carbon Chiner (Sold)
Atlanta, GA

bigportions

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 01:20:45 PM »
I have also read that on mtbr but can not find any structure behind it. Does anyone know if the prices listed on the site include shipping? It would appear so as I "checked out" and was asked only for the listed price when using paypal. A couple vendors I have emailed are not too good at responding to more then one question at a time and this makes for a lengthy process. For instance, I asked if they stock a FS frame and also if the frame prices on the site include shipping. I got a message back letting me know they do not have FS at this time but that's it. Digi, good to know shipping was so quick

Digi

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 11:02:44 PM »
I forgot to mention that the seat post on my road bike failed.  My ITBS kicked in and that sharp pain in my knee had me riding home super slow on the sidewalk.  I rolled over a small crack while fully weighted on the saddle and the seat post fractured in the middle.  It really surprised me.  The two seat posts I recently purchased look a little more beefy than the old one.  Again, the failed seat post was purchased about 3 years ago so, even if it wasn't a fluke, China carbon has come a ways and I'm not sure it's a viable piece of info anymore...just thought I would mention it though.

Sitar_Ned

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 03:39:20 PM »
Does anyone know if the prices listed on the site include shipping?

Flyxii tried to reply to your post directly but instead they accidentally sent a notification to the mod team about your post.. So, apparently shipping is free and prices posted on site do, in fact, include shipping:

The following post, "Re: FR-216 / FR-217 from Flyxii Experience?" by bigportions has been reported by Flyxii on a board you moderate.

The topic: http://chinertown.com/index.php?topic=333.msg3335#msg3335

The reporter has made the following comment:
All items are free shipping .   http://flyxii.com/

« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 03:43:32 PM by Sitar_Ned »