Author Topic: Speeder SC-R48  (Read 27793 times)

RDY

Re: Speeder SC-R48
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2022, 11:18:01 AM »
I gotta be honest...I am quite intrigued by their Carbon Road Disc Frameset (SC-R49D)

Of all the road bikes I've built and reviewed, that frame seems to have the most aggressive geometry I've ever seen. And that makes me exceptionally happy.

Size: 500
Reach: 397
Stack: 544

And add to fact they have a size 410mm/125mm integrated handlebar.....sheesh! Wonder how much their frameset and handlebar costs with shipping. Keep us informed!

Speaking of SLC, this frame looks a lot like Winspace's T1500.

500 will be too small for sure.  You'd need a crazy long seatpost. 

I think the R49 would have sold like hotcakes if they'd given it clearance for 32mm tyres, which shouldn't have been that difficult as it's BB86.5.  I feel like there's little excuse for BB86 / BB386 / T47(86) disc frames not to have minimum 30mm clearance.

RDY

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2022, 11:23:27 AM »
Justin from speeder sent me a quote for the 45 with in house hubs, carbon spokes. $760, 140 shipping  $43 pp fee.

Decent price considering the weight but im hesitant given its a new company on the market and while its a good price considering, it is a bit expensive in the realm of chinese wheels.

It looks like their aero frame is a pinarello copycat.

Winspace wheels are another $500. Farsports another $700-800. Vortex another $1200. Dunno where you're going to get good quality rims, carbon spokes and hub cheaper than that. 

Also they're by no means new.

Geo may be somewhat similar, but it doesn't look anything like pinarello design language.

I just ordered my second pair of wheels from Speeder.

StiffWeenies

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2022, 11:33:22 AM »
Winspace wheels are another $500. Farsports another $700-800. Vortex another $1200. Dunno where you're going to get good quality rims, carbon spokes and hub cheaper than that. 

Also they're by no means new.

Geo may be somewhat similar, but it doesn't look anything like pinarello design language.

I just ordered my second pair of wheels from Speeder.

How would the ELITE Drive compare with the Speeder/Winspace Hyper?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 02:55:26 AM by StiffWeenies »

RDY

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2022, 11:41:17 AM »
How would the ELITE Drive compared the Speeder/Winspace Hyper?

ELITE are purely sales AFAIK.  I don't think they even lace the wheels.  There seems to be very little technical knowledge and minimal after sales support, according to most people.  I've no idea who makes the rims either - the 'marble' ones look odd, I don't know if it's purely cosmetic or not (probably) but it almost looks like an external thermoplastic layer.

FHS

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2022, 01:37:42 PM »
I gotta be honest...I am quite intrigued by their Carbon Road Disc Frameset (SC-R49D)

Of all the road bikes I've built and reviewed, that frame seems to have the most aggressive geometry I've ever seen. And that makes me exceptionally happy.

Size: 500
Reach: 397
Stack: 544

And add to fact they have a size 410mm/125mm integrated handlebar.....sheesh! Wonder how much their frameset and handlebar costs with shipping. Keep us informed!

Speaking of SLC, this frame looks a lot like Winspace's T1500.

Yeah, it really caught my eye as well. Super aggressive, but heavy. If I were still in the market for an Aero frame, I'd take a more serious look.

bamboo_mountain

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2022, 08:16:18 PM »
Reply from justin,

MOQ: 10 sets

Price: US$660/set

I'm still waiting to hear back on my inquiry... Is this for the direct mount rim brake or the disc model?

Irideslowly

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2022, 04:29:54 AM »
I'm still waiting to hear back on my inquiry... Is this for the direct mount rim brake or the disc model?

For the (SC-R48D)

Nickk2000

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2022, 01:03:54 PM »
sadly this frame is way too small for me. I need 400+ reach and 610+ stack at minimum.

2005R32

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2022, 05:14:44 PM »
Apparently it is the SLC 2.0
The quotes are kind of all over the place though. One guy said 675 USD for a SC-R48V while another guy is asking 550 USD for his barely used second hand SC-R48D.

Regardless, I'm just drooling at the prospect of a SC-R48V build with an unbranded black direct mount set of those fake eeBrakes.

I second this... but not because I happen to be the guy selling an SC-R48V for $550.

My guess is that Speeder is the OEM for Winspace for this particular frame and so it makes sense that it's $675 from Speeder and $1480 from Winspace after painting and marketing.  This guess is based on technical drawings and photos that I got from Speeder and Winspace when I was looking into this frame last year. 

A different poster in this thread mentioned that the geometries and dimensions are slightly different but they're actually the same:
https://www.speedercycling.com/js/htmledit/kindeditor-en/attached/20190902/20190902191446_95676.jpg
https://winspace.cc/pub/media/wysiwyg/SLC_Geometry_1.jpg

In any case, if anyone's looking for one, the unpainted SC-R48V frameset I'm selling is a size 47 with a 513/378 stack/reach.  And to go with it I'm also selling a pair of Bontrager direct mount brakes -- not exactly eeBrakes but similar.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 08:18:51 AM by 2005R32 »

1Sigma

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2022, 07:20:20 PM »
LoL can we just take a moment to admire and applaud all the options we currently have in 2022 from these Far East factories?

How long do you think we will see this trend until the Chinese bike market bubble pops? Or when they start charging big name prices haha?

As long as China can maintain its status as the world's factory, there will be a steady stream of manufacturers dipping their toes in the B2C channel.  Don't think the bubble will pop anytime soon.  And we have seen a steady increase in prices from well-known Chinese brands.  So, it's an uphill battle, but they'll get to major brand status eventually.

I mean look at Taiwan, Japan, Korea.  Similar stories for all of them. All started as low cost manufacturing centers characterized bypw quality and copycat behavior.  Same with China, just on an immense scale
Better than average - Extra Average

Irideslowly

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2022, 07:42:47 PM »
I would love to buy a frame, but with the MOC being 10, it makes it impossible.

1Sigma

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2022, 08:56:48 PM »
ELITE are purely sales AFAIK.  I don't think they even lace the wheels.  There seems to be very little technical knowledge and minimal after sales support, according to most people.  I've no idea who makes the rims either - the 'marble' ones look odd, I don't know if it's purely cosmetic or not (probably) but it almost looks like an external thermoplastic layer.

So, yes and no.  Elite is just the brand for Xiamen Yuan'An Composites, and is owned by Yuan'An Composites.
Yuan'An composites makes the wheels, as well as their own hubs.

In fact that is all Yuan'An does.  Make wheels ans hubs. Which they then market and sell under the Elite brand

Clearly I have a bias as I plonked down money to buy 5 sets, but I would not have done so without conducting some due diligence first.

They come with a 2 year warranty,  but as much as I love getting stuff from China,  I have yet to see a truly no hassle warranty  from any manufacturer there.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 09:01:53 PM by 1Sigma »
Better than average - Extra Average

Irideslowly

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2022, 04:34:02 AM »
I exchanges emails with Longteng bikes about their superlight LTK036. The weight of size 50cm is 780+/-30g in carbon finish . And each larger size will be about 30g heavier. The price of the frame is $420 usd/set (Frame+Fork) in carbon clear coat or matte finish .  I will add pictures. This is the weight for a size 55.

bamboo_mountain

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2022, 06:31:25 AM »
I exchanges emails with Longteng bikes about their superlight LTK036. The weight of size 50cm is 780+/-30g in carbon finish . And each larger size will be about 30g heavier. The price of the frame is $420 usd/set (Frame+Fork) in carbon clear coat or matte finish .  I will add pictures. This is the weight for a size 55.
Strange that there is a cable route through the top tube, not sure what is going on there.

StiffWeenies

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2022, 09:34:49 AM »
Strange that there is a cable route through the top tube, not sure what is going on there.

Rear brake cable exit left over from the rim brake model? it'll be useful for externally routed dropper seatposts on a gravel bike
« Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 09:38:11 AM by StiffWeenies »