Author Topic: Speeder SC-R48  (Read 28861 times)

patliean1

Re: Speeder SC-R48
« Reply #90 on: September 17, 2022, 10:50:13 AM »
the direct sales by Speeder are helpful to sell the frame that don't have passed the QC required by the main customers.

Interesting...

RDY

« Reply #91 on: September 17, 2022, 10:59:52 AM »
I have come to the conclusion that there are 2 possibilities: 
the first one, Winspace and Speeder are the same factory, the second, Speeder is the supplier of Winspace, in both cases the direct sales by Speeder are helpful to sell the frame that don't have passed the QC required by the main customers.

Highly doubt the latter.  Yes it's more work and volumes are lower, but the margin is hugely higher and buyers are more likely to complain publicly..  Evidence is anecdotal in my personal experience but Carbonda stuff has typically been nicer quality than some of not-great OEM FlyBike stuff I've seen from the same moulds.  Same goes for Speeder / WinSpace.  Same goes for WorksWell and various brands that use them.

Speeder are the OEM / ODM for WinSpace .. and they're not officially linked.  But the ownership of a lot of these Chinese cycling groups is murky and a lot of investors are common, so there may be more than meets the eye.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2022, 11:01:23 AM by RDY »

radfactor

« Reply #92 on: September 17, 2022, 11:13:08 AM »
Highly doubt the latter.  Yes it's more work and volumes are lower, but the margin is hugely higher and buyers are more likely to complain publicly..  Evidence is anecdotal in my personal experience but Carbonda stuff has typically been nicer quality than some of not-great OEM FlyBike stuff I've seen from the same moulds.  Same goes for Speeder / WinSpace.  Same goes for WorksWell and various brands that use them.

Speeder are the OEM / ODM for WinSpace .. and they're not officially linked.  But the ownership of a lot of these Chinese cycling groups is murky and a lot of investors are common, so there may be more than meets the eye.

Do you have good experience dealing with both either Workswell or Speeder Cycling? I’m planning to buy frames from them

RDY

« Reply #93 on: September 17, 2022, 12:22:21 PM »
Do you have good experience dealing with both either Workswell or Speeder Cycling? I’m planning to buy frames from them

Haven't bought anything from WorksWell.  Speeder 2 sets of wheels - both good.

daforce84

« Reply #94 on: September 17, 2022, 12:22:58 PM »
I have come to the conclusion that there are 2 possibilities: 
the first one, Winspace and Speeder are the same factory, the second, Speeder is the supplier of Winspace, in both cases the direct sales by Speeder are helpful to sell the frame that don't have passed the QC required by the main customers.

I can't say I agree with your conclusion. Speeder has multiple commercial clients that they sell their open mold frames to (Winspace, Adris, and Parapera being some of the documented ones).

And they happen to sell their frames direct-to-consumer as well. I have one, and it's great. What you do not get to do as a B2C customer with them, is any sort of customization (no special or custom paint, no decals, etc). You also do not get the typical "after sales support" that you would with most major brands, where you can go into your local bike store to deal with any issues. Speeder does have a 2-year warranty (look at their website), so can coordinate with them directly, but your mileage may vary.

If you have concerns with the dealing with Speeder, then you can always just buy from Winspace, Adris, or Parapera for the peace of mind.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2022, 12:30:31 PM by daforce84 »

Tines

« Reply #95 on: October 15, 2022, 11:15:46 AM »
Current lead time seems to be 2-3 months and the price has not changed.
Do you think its fine to pay them right away or is it smarter to wait a bit?

s3si1u

« Reply #96 on: October 15, 2022, 11:30:04 AM »
Current lead time seems to be 2-3 months and the price has not changed.
Do you think its fine to pay them right away or is it smarter to wait a bit?

I'm pretty sure they make frames to order, their lead time won't change.
Instagram: @aerosloth

Tines

« Reply #97 on: October 16, 2022, 04:12:03 AM »
Okay thanks for the info!
But paying a few months upfront is considered relatively safe?
Just curious as i havent dealt with manufacturers directly.
So currently im on the fence whether ill order direvtly or over winspace as daforce suggested
« Last Edit: October 16, 2022, 04:15:42 AM by Tines »

s3si1u

« Reply #98 on: October 17, 2022, 11:19:32 AM »
I'm sure you will have no problems. I've never ordered from Speeder, but have ordered from many Chinese vendors who also make to order with no issues. Actually, I'm currently waiting on orders for Farsports Wheels and The One Pro handlebar, both which were paid in advance.
This is standard practice and I would personally order from Speeder without reservations. However, nothing wrong with buying from Winspace or one of the other players :) you skip the wait time, get to pick a pretty color, and they'll likely be much more attentive to your needs post-purchase. But you'll pay close to double for it
Instagram: @aerosloth

Tines

« Reply #99 on: November 01, 2022, 03:05:11 AM »
So its either a different frameset or winspace just includes a different fork.
There are pictures of the slc 2.0 being internally routed and there are a few confirmations by speeder that this is not possible with the r48, due to the fork.

Tines

« Reply #100 on: November 09, 2022, 07:08:06 AM »
Haven't bought anything from WorksWell.  Speeder 2 sets of wheels - both good.
How was their adherence to previously communicated timelines?

RDY

« Reply #101 on: November 09, 2022, 07:47:34 AM »
How was their adherence to previously communicated timelines?

Excellent.

Trilobite

« Reply #102 on: November 11, 2022, 12:11:54 AM »
I just ordered an SC-R48D frame. Justin is very easy to work with. No language barrier, quick answers.

Carbon gloss finish, size 520, 849 USD including shipping. According to Justin, about 2 months lead time.

Tines

« Reply #103 on: November 11, 2022, 12:23:53 AM »
Nice! Yes I’m also almost about to order.
The only thing stopping me is that i can’t really find reviews except maybe two.
And none really about the frames besides the  OEM part.
The part about the badly photoshopped winspace branded bike on the product page implying its basically a slc2.0 is not 100% convincing to me because firstly they theoretically could have  just copied the picture without any real relation to winspace and the forks between those frames are also different.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2022, 12:40:30 AM by Tines »

Trilobite

« Reply #104 on: November 11, 2022, 09:50:41 AM »
I find reviews mostly meaningless. Handling is primarily determined by geometry, wheels, tires and air pressure. I would love to read reviews that have been done blindfolded, without the reviewer knowing what he or she is riding. But it's not happening for obvious reasons. Also, everyone seems to be able to give reviews about wheels and frames and whatnot, no matter how technically proficient he or she is. Today's disc bikes are so balanced and differences in handling are so small. I had a look at the geometry chart of the SC-R48D and I was already pretty sure I knew what I could expect in terms of handling. Of course, I may be wrong but then I'm the first to acknowledge that. To be perfectly honest, the main driver why I ordered it is because of its simple look, round seatpost, external cables (I have plenty integrated bikes), light weight and EPS molding technology.

BTW, the frame head tube is tapered 1 1/8” - 1 1/2”. I thought I read here that the upper section is 1 1/2” which it isn't.