Author Topic: Any chinese frames using high modulus carbon like the real Specialized frames?  (Read 9861 times)

RDY

Btw what are the wheels it's running?  I can't make out the decal.  Looks unfamiliar.

StiffWeenies

Btw what are the wheels it's running?  I can't make out the decal.  Looks unfamiliar.

Both next gen Spark EVO and Super EVO are running SCOM wheels, the former has the more expensive model

SCOM sponsors a couple Pardus pro teams in China

There's this rim brake Robin EVO, currently exclusive for the iGPSPORT team

They also had a rim brake version of the current gen Spark EVO codenamed C7 that was made for the Olympics (Chinese national team mandates rim brakes). I don't it'll come to market though.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 01:32:49 PM by StiffWeenies »

RDY

Both next gen Spark EVO and Super EVO are running SCOM wheels, the former has the more expensive model

SCOM sponsors a couple Pardus pro teams in China

Their 67s are decently light, at 1540g.  Other sizes not all that light.

StiffWeenies

Elilee carbon crankset has passed SGS certification, product launch next week

« Last Edit: July 22, 2022, 11:00:28 AM by StiffWeenies »

eucalyptus

Elilee carbon crankset has passed SGS certification, product launch next week

Where would one even try to find this as a European citizen?

StiffWeenies

Where would one even try to find this as a European citizen?

No international retailers atm so I personally wouldn't bother, it's not worth the hassle buying through intermediaries

StiffWeenies

Lengths: 165mm, 167.5mm, 170mm, 172.5mm
Axle Diameter: 28mm Propreitary w/ DUB or 30mm shims, 24mm Titanium
Q-Factor: 149mm
Chainline: 44.5mm (2x)
PM spider options: XCadey (420g), Sigeyi (424g), Power2Max (430g)
sans-PM weight: 320g not incl. 4-arm or 5-arm spiders

« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 01:31:57 PM by StiffWeenies »

RDY

So they actually went with a 28mm spindle ... WHYYYYYYYY

MagicShite

So they actually went with a 28mm spindle ... WHYYYYYYYY

easy conversion to DUB and 30mm BBs with the protective reducer to prevent axle from grinding against the bearings.

You still get the native 24mm support (which is super nice)

RDY

You still get the native 24mm support (which is super nice)

We'll see about their titanium axled 24mm version ... a lot of those have gone wrong.  But then "we'll see" generally.

RDY

@StiffWeenies - do you know if Elilee are planning a version with MTB 52mm boost chainline?

StiffWeenies

@StiffWeenies - do you know if Elilee are planning a version with MTB 52mm boost chainline?

A MTB version is planned, not sure about the specs though

RDY

A MTB version is planned, not sure about the specs though

Thanks.  I guess they'll only do them with the 24mm Ti spindle anyway, since virtually all MTBs are either BB92 or BSA73.

RDY

Btw I hope these cranks aren't made by TopCarbon (judging by recent forum users' experiences) .. I think they make Elilee's OSPW and were maybe responsible for one of their concept bikes too.

StiffWeenies

next gen Spark EVO, prev gen Spark EVO Rim, Robin EVO Rim, and Super EVO are now out

couple takeaways:
1. new Spark EVO geometry is a little less aggressive, Super EVO geo is very relaxed, perhaps too relaxed
2. Super EVO uses 80% T1100 in its layup for a 680g painted size M frame (real world 700g?) and 290g fork
3. new Spark EVO uses 86% T800 & M40 in its layup for a 950g painted size M frame
« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 05:27:16 AM by StiffWeenies »