Author Topic: Velobuild VB-R-218  (Read 82601 times)

DroidBE

Re: Velobuild VB-R-218
« Reply #330 on: November 07, 2022, 03:22:37 AM »

What mount do I need for my Garmin Edge 1030+ ?

I'm going back & forth via email with Chris@velobuild & trying to figure out how to order the mount. since it does not show up on their webpage

I bought this one :

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003817789486.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.9d7a1802aemgEd

but I haven't ridden outside yet..
« Last Edit: November 07, 2022, 03:26:36 AM by DroidBE »

Benbenben

« Reply #331 on: November 07, 2022, 09:24:41 AM »
Still waiting for my frame. It should ship tomorrow.

Anyone here running this bike with Di2? I am realizing that the only wires that will be visible are the ones from junction A. I have the external box. Did you try to hide hte junction a box in the handlebar? It seems that there is a lot of space under the handlebar screwed cover.

I don't mind unscrewing the bolts for charging everytime if I can hide it :)

madmax

« Reply #332 on: November 07, 2022, 09:55:51 AM »
Ok, I have pulled the trigger on the frame. Unpainted matte. Next step is the wheelset. I am hesitating between the x-weave or standard elite wheels. Also I think about upgrading the spokes from pillar 1423 to 1420 for about a 50gr per wheel for 50$. Do you guys think it's worth it?

Also what do you think about the x-weave style?

If you get the elite drive wheels, use the code GC15 & save about ~ $168

I bought the Elite Drive 50v (rim) in team spec

hurburt

« Reply #333 on: November 07, 2022, 10:02:58 AM »

Anyone here running this bike with Di2? I am realizing that the only wires that will be visible are the ones from junction A. I have the external box. Did you try to hide hte junction a box in the handlebar? It seems that there is a lot of space under the handlebar screwed cover.

That could work. There is quite a lot of space there.

Sebastian

« Reply #334 on: November 07, 2022, 10:47:07 AM »
Mind posting a pic of the bb are, when you receive the replacement frame?

I already did. It’s one or two pages back. My new frame is different from the old one in the BB. Dunno though, if this is a general design update and all the newer frames are like this. Maybe some of the recent buyers can confirm.

Sebastian

« Reply #335 on: November 07, 2022, 10:50:31 AM »
I'm going back & forth via email with Chris@velobuild & trying to figure out how to order the mount. since it does not show up on their webpage

Groupset will be 12spd Campagnolo Record + rim brakes  & wheels will be Elite Drive 50V & this should be a really nice bike to ride

I ordered mine for an additional 15 USD through Chris. Paid via PayPal.
It’s a pretty chunky piece and I’m not to keen on the fake MOST-logo on there. I didn’t know it would come with a logo. It’s sturdy, though. Which is good since I’m also attaching my front light to it.

Looking forward to seeing your build. And I’m also keen on hearing how you like Record 12.

kenderu

« Reply #336 on: November 07, 2022, 12:37:55 PM »
I'm almost done my build and for some reason I have these leftover... what are they for?

Literally my first time building a bike, but it's been a really fun journey.

madmax

« Reply #337 on: November 07, 2022, 01:52:31 PM »
I ordered mine for an additional 15 USD through Chris. Paid via PayPal.
It’s a pretty chunky piece and I’m not to keen on the fake MOST-logo on there. I didn’t know it would come with a logo. It’s sturdy, though. Which is good since I’m also attaching my front light to it.

Looking forward to seeing your build. And I’m also keen on hearing how you like Record 12.

Just ordered my mount for $10,  also from Chris.

Now, I just need to figure out how to assemble it & set up the drive train & index that correctly.
I do have most of the parktools/others except for the cable routing kit & the bb cup tool for the campy

ie. metric wrenches/cone wrenches/chaintool/torque wrenches & I asked the shop where I bough the record groupset to add in the FD alignment tool & any spares that come in the package (pins etc)
It's really annoying when bike shops sell you a bike & remove stuff like brake blocks, alignment tools etc from a package (eg sram.)
(SRAM will send these over for free if you email or call them, which is really of them)

What I need to know what kind of grease to use & where. I routinely use polylube1000 or bontrager grease when servicing my madone on the non carbon parts
I also have tubes of HPG-1  & SAC-2-1 (carbon paste), lying around unopened

madmax

« Reply #338 on: November 07, 2022, 02:24:26 PM »
I'm almost done my build and for some reason I have these leftover... what are they for?

Steerer fork compression plug/sleeve ?

or

Polished centrifuge part from their nuclear program...for bikes

Sebastian

« Reply #339 on: November 07, 2022, 02:40:01 PM »

Not entirely sure but I think those are some sort of adapters to accommodate different diameter batteries for electronic groupsets. Anyway, it’s nothing you need for a mechanical build. So don’t worry.

Queen of Skulls

« Reply #340 on: November 08, 2022, 02:29:33 AM »
Ok, I have pulled the trigger on the frame. Unpainted matte. Next step is the wheelset. I am hesitating between the x-weave or standard elite wheels. Also I think about upgrading the spokes from pillar 1423 to 1420 for about a 50gr per wheel for 50$. Do you guys think it's worth it?

Also what do you think about the x-weave style?

I ordered the ent xweave. Because why not. in the 50mm. I am waiting for them to show up.

If I want to save 300gs. I just need to go for a few rides.  I will drop some weight. Though from surgery and being sick last week. I am down like 5 lbs. But havent touched my bike. because just as I can exercise again, boom the cold from hell. #not covid
« Last Edit: November 08, 2022, 02:32:53 AM by Queen of Skulls »
Off with your Head tubes...

If the girls dont find you pretty they should at least find you handy...

[color #FE0000]P[/color][color #FDA601]R[/color][color #FFFF01]I[/color][color #008000]D[/color][color #1614E4]E[/color][color #80007E]!!!![/color]

madmax

« Reply #341 on: November 08, 2022, 11:19:44 AM »
I ordered the ent xweave. Because why not. in the 50mm. I am waiting for them to show up.

If I want to save 300gs. I just need to go for a few rides.  I will drop some weight. Though from surgery and being sick last week. I am down like 5 lbs. But havent touched my bike. because just as I can exercise again, boom the cold from hell. #not covid

Hope you feel better soon.
It is flu season in SoCal & is raining at the moment, so if you are in the region, might as well just rest for the time being.

I did not know you could order the vbr-218 in different weaves.   What is the default weave ?

I did ask Chris to leave it unfinished matte & then he emailed back saying it was in the process of being painted matte & clearcoated.......guess I may have to clean out the threads etc

madmax

« Reply #342 on: November 08, 2022, 12:44:44 PM »
What size skewers do I need for the rim brake version of this frame ?

Benbenben

« Reply #343 on: November 08, 2022, 07:15:06 PM »
X-weave is for the wheelset from elite wheels. I also ended up going with x-weave ENT with pillar 1420 spokes.

For the matte frame, I also picked this one. Chris said it was the same as in GC performance video. I am not sure why he told you it is being painted as we see the carbon through the clear. Maybe just the frame joints are being painted.

I will build the bike with Di2 ultegra, senicx PR2 crank, onirii br 05 brakes

madmax

« Reply #344 on: November 10, 2022, 12:30:48 AM »
Does anyone have a link to a manual or diagram on this frame that shows how the cable hose routing is laid out in the frame ?

Do I need the cable routing kit from parktool or can I just get away using fishing line and dumb luck

Also are the cable houses clamped anywhere in the frame to prevent rattling ?

I have no idea when the frame or wheel will show up so I’m asking all the questions I can think of ahead of time and getting everything ready for my first build