Author Topic: Epic Evo Clone  (Read 65727 times)

akuutti247

Re: Epic Evo Clone
« Reply #360 on: August 27, 2024, 02:48:36 AM »
I lowered the shock IFP on my Monarch and the suspension started to work much better, it used more shaft travel and had more active midstroke. The shock may be more prone to cavitation now, but I am not going back.

There are older discussions on mtbr forums about IFP.

A low compression tune could also help.

darkening

« Reply #361 on: August 27, 2024, 10:47:29 AM »
Interesting. But, anyway,  I've switched to a new frame while waiting for a replacement. I'm not going into any more experements with this Epic. Because I switched to HongFu FM138, that has much better linkage design for XC. (progressive-regressive leverage ratio and real 120mm of travel)

Eddy_Twerckx

« Reply #362 on: August 29, 2024, 05:16:14 AM »
Does anybody know or have tried using the Epic 8 linkage with the flip chip? Part S236300002, carbon shock extension.

tisun

« Reply #363 on: September 11, 2024, 11:06:22 AM »
Does anybody know the maximum length of seatpost insert for frame size M?   I want to order a dropper post for this frame and would like to know the measurements.

Thanks

uberamd

« Reply #364 on: September 12, 2024, 05:50:03 PM »
I’ve been toying with the idea of buying the linkage, yoke, and bearing kit of the Epic Evo to make this the 110 travel bike it was intended to be.

Did you ever explore this further? I'm also intrigued but not super keen on buying all the individual parts to discover they don't fit at all.

Kactusdog

« Reply #365 on: September 12, 2024, 09:27:04 PM »
Did you ever explore this further? I'm also intrigued but not super keen on buying all the individual parts to discover they don't fit at all.

The molds are one-to-one copies, I’m confident they would fit, but my money is going to other projects at this moment.

Another factor is remembering that AWST is testing their produced frame with their adapted link and yoke, Not for the 110 travel. There’s a chance the increased travel will stress the rear triangle more than they are manufacturing for, In which case theirs is probably only about 90, Which clearly their frame handles well. maybe one day I will get around to this. It’s about 250 for this conversion

tim

« Reply #366 on: Today at 02:55:33 AM »
hi all

anyone know if there is replacement rear shock eyelet bolts?  was just finishing putting together a bike and i was torquing it and *snap*. the bottom came off and left the screw in the top part.  Not sure i trust the quality of some of airwolfs part (their udh hanger was crap too) so wondering if there is something better i can use, and if so where. I honestly don't even know even know the name of the part. shock rear eyelet linkage bolt?  its 8x20 i believe.