Author Topic: Interesting Aliexpress finds! - good deals, interesting stuff, new products etc!  (Read 134270 times)

Pedaldancer

For prescription glasses, I got the kapvoe with prescription and photochromic lense. Works like a charm. Only the prescription insert could be a bit bigger.

Did you oder the prescription also at the kapvoe store? Are you happy with it?

I got a kapvoe  at a choice offer recently and I am very happy about the photochromic effect.. I was thinking on using them with the clip to get rid of my contact lenses.

PLA

I have a set of kapvoe sunglasses. Meh, utter cheap garbage. Really didn't like them. Cheap crap.
It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.

eeney

Did you oder the prescription also at the kapvoe store? Are you happy with it?

I got a kapvoe  at a choice offer recently and I am very happy about the photochromic effect.. I was thinking on using them with the clip to get rid of my contact lenses.

Yes, I got the lenses from the same store, I gave them my prescription and they gave me a link to which lenses to buy.  Two others in our group did the same and are happy. You order the frames and lenses as two separate orders, send them your prescription, and the glasses arrive with the prescription lenses fitted.  I can't give too many compliments on how responsive and helpful the seller was.

To be honest I bought bifocal lenses and wish I hadn't, they're fine, I just don't normally wear bifocal even though my new prescription requests it.... therefore when I put on the glasses I need to adapt to it each time. I'm told you get used to bifocal, I'm just walking around with less than perfect eyesight because I refuse to wear bifocal full time.

Pedaldancer

Yes, I got the lenses from the same store, I gave them my prescription and they gave me a link to which lenses to buy.  Two others in our group did the same and are happy. You order the frames and lenses as two separate orders, send them your prescription, and the glasses arrive with the prescription lenses fitted.  I can't give too many compliments on how responsive and helpful the seller was.

To be honest I bought bifocal lenses and wish I hadn't, they're fine, I just don't normally wear bifocal even though my new prescription requests it.... therefore when I put on the glasses I need to adapt to it each time. I'm told you get used to bifocal, I'm just walking around with less than perfect eyesight because I refuse to wear bifocal full time.

Which store exactly did you buy?
I tried prescription at the SCVCN (?) Store and they failed absolutely. Although my prescription is really simple and I have all values available.

For cheap commute i currently have prescription glasses from BClear shop and they did a perfect job. Just putting the glasses on and had a good feeling).  But they are after lots of bad wheather riding at the end of their life now. I didn't want to use my expensive glasses for that. It's just too much dirt and dust.

Pedaldancer

We used BCLEAR https://eyewell01.aliexpress.com/store/1853675

Now my confusion is cleared.
Bclear is a pretty good shop, but doesn't offer cycling glasses. With the cold wind and normal glasses i have large issues with tears and swelling of the whole eye area.
That's why I was interested in the Kapvoe prescription clip.  Currently i use contact lenses. Works, but is not very comfy.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2023, 11:37:09 AM by Pedaldancer »

00Garza

Bclear is a pretty good shop, but doesn't offer cycling glasses. With the cold wind and normal glasses i have large issues with tears and swelling of the whole eye area.
That's why I was interested in the Kapvoe prescription clip.  Currently i use contact lenses. Works, but is not very comfy.

Yeah, and those clips seem pretty flimsy and useless. I wouldn't trust them with expensive lenses.
Not ali, but in my search I came across these. Not the prettiest, but lots of options for customization. Gonna give them a try.

Pedaldancer

Yeah, and those clips seem pretty flimsy and useless. I wouldn't trust them with expensive lenses.
Not ali, but in my search I came across these. Not the prettiest, but lots of options for customization. Gonna give them a try.

Bclear is good, you can try it. I have sunglasses from them and also normal glasses.. the frames are not that fancy, but some are neutral, very basic. For these glasses I don't crash my mind if i drop them and destroy them  ;).
In my case I can't ride with normal glasses anymore, my eyes got very sensitive to wind in the last years  :-\

Eskae

100 PSI RRSkit portable electric pump for $25 USD. I stopped carrying a regular pump and just put this in my back jersey pocket now:

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806009816913.html

Thanks for posting this last month - I bought one, too, and have been pretty happy with it so far. 

eeney

Bclear is a pretty good shop, but doesn't offer cycling glasses.....

Ah, we ordered the TR90 model which is a wrap-around style and doesn't let too much air, but I'm probably not so sensitive. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004681288131.html?

00Garza

*EDIT: forgot the link*

https://www.zennioptical.com/p/mens-tr-eyeglass-frames/7431?skuId=743134

Pedaldancer

*EDIT: forgot the link*

https://www.zennioptical.com/p/mens-tr-eyeglass-frames/7431?skuId=743134

Very basic design.. if that's a good basic quality, why not?
But not a lot of wind protection.
The clip in systems for cycling glasses do not look very robust in general with the tiny plastic clamps.. for me it's worth to try, I kill my glasses roughly once a year. So probably the clip has a longer lifetime if it's not clipped in and out every day.  ;D

coffeebreak

Is this the cheapest modern 12mm TA carbon gravel frame at $350 (or less) taxed+shipped to your doorstep in the US of A?

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804605254327.html

jonathanf2

Is this the cheapest modern 12mm TA carbon gravel frame at $350 (or less) taxed+shipped to your doorstep in the US of A?

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804605254327.html

I think it is, but it's a bit odd with both internal and semi-external cable routing. Honestly, I'd probably spend a little extra on something else. The only thing going for this frame is that it's being stocked in a US domestic warehouse.

coffeebreak

I think it is, but it's a bit odd with both internal and semi-external cable routing. Honestly, I'd probably spend a little extra on something else. The only thing going for this frame is that it's being stocked in a US domestic warehouse.

Yeah its the usual semi external routing that many other molds like the 696 have. Not tidy but I can imagine people preferring it over full ICR. Not bad with fast delivery IMO.