Author Topic: Speedercycling  (Read 2481 times)

Tines

Speedercycling
« on: October 30, 2022, 03:28:36 PM »
Hello,

Im interested in the 48d.
Has anyone if you actually bought from them and can provide some info?
Like what was the experience in general, adherence to lead times, was the product satisfactory, was the geochart accurate etc?

jungian

Re: Speedercycling
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2022, 10:57:50 PM »
See this topic: http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,3597.0.html

Currently about to purchase the 48V which is the rim brake model myself along with a38mm wheelset. Pretty smooth so far, planning on using paypal.

Tines

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2022, 02:35:33 AM »
See this topic: http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,3597.0.html

Currently about to purchase the 48V which is the rim brake model myself along with a38mm wheelset. Pretty smooth so far, planning on using paypal.
Yeah i have also posted in that thread.
Its just an discussion, was trying to get other real buyer feedback other than RDY buying wheelsets.
But thanks!

jungian

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2022, 10:20:30 AM »
Got it, I'm also on the fence about buying but my issue is debating between a rim brake or disc version. Coming from the mountain bike world all my road bikes have discs so I never got a chance to try rim brakes. With all the hills in my area I'm curios to try a light build but wondering how the rim brakes will preform on the descents.

So far my communication with Justin has been pretty good. A lead time of 2-3 months doesn't sound too bad. Unless it ends up being like SEKA where I've been waiting on my frame since April...

Tines

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2022, 11:46:39 AM »
Got it, I'm also on the fence about buying but my issue is debating between a rim brake or disc version. Coming from the mountain bike world all my road bikes have discs so I never got a chance to try rim brakes. With all the hills in my area I'm curios to try a light build but wondering how the rim brakes will preform on the descents.

So far my communication with Justin has been pretty good. A lead time of 2-3 months doesn't sound too bad. Unless it ends up being like SEKA where I've been waiting on my frame since April...
I want to be able to switch wheelsets so disc is my choice.
2-3 months is absolutely fine. One drawback for me is that paypal buyer protection is 180days..

eeney

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2023, 04:21:30 PM »
I've ordered some wheels from Justin as Speeder Cycling.

Ordered 31st Jan, shipped yesterday 28th Feb.

If of interest I will update when I have got, opened and tested them.

Like above, these are 700c road wheels to swap out on my gravel bike which currently runs 650B Lun wheels for trail riding.

Yunglord

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2023, 04:13:47 PM »
I purchased Trilobites 48D frameset here during the month of January.

On February 13th I purchased a wheelset from Justin to be able to also purchase some small spare parts for the frameset and I received a shipping confirmation last night!

I will report back when I get back from South America and build and test the bike!

eeney

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2023, 03:46:02 AM »
My Speeder wheels arrived today, they look very clean from the outside, I'm not expert and will not be looking inside with a camera.

I've set them up tubeless already with no problems. Haven't ridden them yet, looks like I need to align my disk pads.

Interestingly, I went for 35mm front and 45mm rear with Sapim spokes and an expected weight of 1,330g.  The wheels without rim tape weigh 1,279g, surprised they were under but not complaining.

Now to find out why the disk pads are rubbing, I'm new to disk brakes and thought the alignment would be exactly the same between wheels.  The front is perfect, the back is rubbing.

Overall experience so far has been great, communications were great via Skype and email. then shipping was fine, took about a week from China to Australia. Looking forward to testing the wheels, hopefully at the weekend.

Speeder get my thumbs up, lucky because it was a bit of a gamble on a company I hadn't heard of until recently.

Yunglord

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2023, 10:43:32 AM »
Hi Eeney,

Hope you are well! My wheels also arrived at my place however I'm out of the country until the 31st so won't be unboxing for now.

Did you get the Chosen hubs as well?

I ordered the 45mm filament rims built with chosen sl hubs and sapim spokes weight is supposed to be 1460 +/- 30g so hopefully, they are under like yours!

eeney

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2023, 08:14:59 PM »
....Did you get the Chosen hubs as well? ....

I got the Speeder lightweight hubs, can't photo because they're on the bike now.  I went with the standard rims, they were lighter than the filament, although I love the look of the filament, I have Winspace on my other bike with the filament style finish.... I like the look of it.

These are the only photos I've taken, the tyres are 28mm (Speeder Wheels). The photo with two bikes, same bike twice, is one with the Speeder and the other with Lun gravel wheels and 50mm tyres.

Have only ridden them a few hundred metres so far, injured and busy this week.