Author Topic: Speeder SC-R52D  (Read 14873 times)

J0a_87

Re: Speeder SC-R52D
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2023, 09:53:03 AM »
Here first pic!

First impression looks really nice!  ;D
Will post weights and clearance little later!
Looks really great!! Its the glossy version?

NLD

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2023, 11:20:23 AM »
Looks really great!! Its the glossy version?

Ordered:
UD carbon clear gloss frame
UD carbon clear matt seat & handlebar

Looks great!
What size is it?

NLD

« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2023, 02:32:15 PM »

Very curious about the frameset! Would it be possible to get the measured tire clearance as well?  ::)

I have 25mm gp5000TL on Lún 60mm
It measures 26mm wide

It's about 6-7mm clearance on each side

J0a_87

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2023, 06:16:50 AM »
I have 25mm gp5000TL on Lún 60mm
It measures 26mm wide

It's about 6-7mm clearance on each side
Thank you very much!

agomezda

« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2023, 04:09:13 AM »
Amazing marble effect with just clear coat. If I could go back in time I would order that instead black glossy paint, and save also some gramms. I would like to see it under the sun, it mus look amazing, nice stuff.
So mine looks as attached.
Paint quality is good but i will add in the next post some flaws in taping and finishing.

Weights:
Frame (size 485) with hanger and bolts: 1035gr.
Fork: 394gr.
Handlebar 370/95: 394gr.
Seatpost: 176gr.

agomezda

« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2023, 04:17:22 AM »
Inside part of the fork, where the thru axel seats, unpainted.
Where the break seats is also not really perfect, I will sand a bit.
BB not really nice either.
Headseat and seatpost fine.

radfactor

« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2023, 05:04:47 PM »
Great sharing mate. I think this is usual if we bought the frame directly from the OEM (maybe, or any other better term to use?), some finishing on the part looks rough compared to the frame by from branded company.

Irideslow

« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2023, 08:06:30 AM »
The bottom bracket looks atrocious.

RDY

« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2023, 01:05:12 PM »
The BB looks poor ... it's certainly not on the VB (etc) scale of dog shit, but also not like anything else I've seen from Speeder (or brands using their frames). 

I'd raise it with them.

agomezda

« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2023, 03:07:16 PM »
Thanks for the comments.
The paint quality looks actually good in the frame, the details are bad im tue complicated parts, not a lot of time and pride was put into it, but the BB and headtube look according specs and the BB cover will not show the bad finishing.
Also the internals are very nicely finished, this does not come into pics otherwise I would share.
So I think the frame is well done, but they rushed whilr appling the protecting tape and removing it etc…
I agree a brand puts more quality in the paint job.

What can I expect from them raising my concerns? Any experience with that?

The weight I was expecting less for a 48.5 size I think they were too generous with paint thickness, which is also lack of paint skills.

I will press the BB later this week and let‘s see…
If it is not good it goes to Hambini  ;D XD

patliean1

« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2023, 03:54:52 PM »
For whatever it's worth...

Speeder is not a factory. It is also not a brand with a factory shareholder/ownership stake. They are an agent, at the mercy of whatever their factory(s) send them.

The frames could be overstock, larger brand QC rejects, factory allotment, or a mixture of all three.

However, when you're just an agent rather than a factory stakeholder...you accept liability for the frames without any recourse to the factory. For example a brand like Specialized or Trek can bully a factory or even take their business elsewhere if the produced frames don't meet the brand's QC. They can simply reject the frames and stop paying the factory.

An agent like Speeder doesn't have that level of power and control. They most likely would have to eat the costs.

NLD

« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2023, 04:25:18 PM »
More or less same here!

Headtube looks bit less nice at mine
Although the chamfer edge is smooth

BB inside face is smooth and looks ok.
BB Outside face on non drive side also looks like a bit rushed with tape/paint...
The BB dive side outside face actually looks good. That side looks flattened.

Disc brake mount surface looks rushed with masking of paint.

Inside looks good as far as I can see. (And outside with the carbon clear coat)
Also I like the small carbon tube in chainstay and fork to route the brake hose and avoid rattling
(maybe that's on all bikes... This is my first frame! :))

The outside screw side of fork is also not painted. Looks intentional.
Maybe branded frames (i.e. Adria) adds a plastic cap here? same as canyon bikes do.
Or are there other type of truaxles which intend to use this for clamping?  ???
I'll probably try to find a thin plastic endcap for it.

btw, not sure if relevant to ...
Inside the frame and some other parts the stickers state FB-B52
« Last Edit: January 09, 2023, 04:32:05 PM by NLD »

RDY

« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2023, 04:53:44 PM »

Speeder is not a factory. It is also not a brand with a factory shareholder/ownership stake. They are an agent, at the mercy of whatever their factory(s) send them.

The frames could be overstock, larger brand QC rejects, factory allotment, or a mixture of all three.

However, when you're just an agent rather than a factory stakeholder...you accept liability for the frames without any recourse to the factory. For example a brand like Specialized or Trek can bully a factory or even take their business elsewhere if the produced frames don't meet the brand's QC. They can simply reject the frames and stop paying the factory.

An agent like Speeder doesn't have that level of power and control. They most likely would have to eat the costs.

False.  Speeder are the factory basically in all but name.  It's Focus Carbon Tecnologies' brand - FCT is the actual factory.  I don't think their to-consumer-and-small-brand side is big enough for them to be run separately by different teams as FBA and Carbonda are.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2023, 05:05:19 PM by RDY »

radfactor

« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2023, 06:49:02 PM »
Looking at this detail pictures, it's acceptable or maybe good finishing on the BB area. We can clearly see the 3k carbon weave.
More or less same here!

Headtube looks bit less nice at mine
Although the chamfer edge is smooth

BB inside face is smooth and looks ok.
BB Outside face on non drive side also looks like a bit rushed with tape/paint...
The BB dive side outside face actually looks good. That side looks flattened.

Disc brake mount surface looks rushed with masking of paint.

Inside looks good as far as I can see. (And outside with the carbon clear coat)
Also I like the small carbon tube in chainstay and fork to route the brake hose and avoid rattling
(maybe that's on all bikes... This is my first frame! :))

The outside screw side of fork is also not painted. Looks intentional.
Maybe branded frames (i.e. Adria) adds a plastic cap here? same as canyon bikes do.
Or are there other type of truaxles which intend to use this for clamping?  ???
I'll probably try to find a thin plastic endcap for it.

btw, not sure if relevant to ...
Inside the frame and some other parts the stickers state FB-B52

Tines

« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2023, 12:06:45 AM »

And how do you know that ?

@NLD
https://www.canyon.com/en-us/gear/components/spare-and-wear-parts/spare-wear-parts/canyon-gp7023-01-fork-cover/10007135.html
There covers are branded , let us know if you find unbrandend ones.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2023, 02:07:44 AM by Tines »