Author Topic: Elves Falath EVO 2023  (Read 22869 times)

RDY

Re: Elves Falath EVO 2023
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2023, 04:48:20 AM »
Had it confirmed that there will be a 61, but no geo yet.  They're going to need to boost the stack a shitload.  Their suggested sizing chart currently suggests that people up to 198cm can ride the 59.  Maybe if their arms are longer than their legs?

:o  Well they did the absolute opposite.  They increased the reach massively and the stack a bit for the 61 ... in contrast to practically every other big bike.  160mm HT on a 61 ST  :o

https://elvesbikesaustralia.com.au/collections/falath-evo-2023/products/falath-evo-frame-disc-brake

Relatively low reach for every size except the biggest, which has BIG reach.

Wild guess, but I don't think that geo is going to be a winner for them  8)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2023, 04:55:57 AM by RDY »

JohnnyRabbit

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2023, 06:33:41 AM »
The way the frame is designed, the headtube is very short.

RDY

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2023, 08:08:20 AM »
The way the frame is designed, the headtube is very short.

The distribution of people high on the ape index and with very long legs is minuscule.  Hence why virtually all bigger frames boost the stack a lot and the reach either a little or not at all. 

It doesn't really matter whether the rest of the sizes have a short headtube as the mold will need to be different anyway.

But they went from low reach on the 59 to huge reach on the 61.  I don't know of another bike doing that. 
« Last Edit: February 20, 2023, 11:06:42 AM by RDY »

Sebastian

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2023, 08:17:50 AM »
Also, I think it looks rather weird with a tower of spacers in front of the top tube.
If you take into account that the bars have very short reach at only 70mm it’s actually not that crazy long for a frame of this size. But the stack is low for sure.
Also, having a long frame and compensating for that with a short reach cockpit changes handling and steering, obviously. Might not be desirable for a road bike. I intentionally designed my gravel bike that way and quite like it (it’s a custom steel frame) but it has a slacker head angle.

patliean1

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2023, 08:31:34 AM »
Also, I think it looks rather weird with a tower of spacers in front of the top tube.
If you take into account that the bars have very short reach at only 70mm it’s actually not that crazy long for a frame of this size. But the stack is low for sure.
Also, having a long frame and compensating for that with a short reach cockpit changes handling and steering, obviously. Might not be desirable for a road bike. I intentionally designed my gravel bike that way and quite like it (it’s a custom steel frame) but it has a slacker head angle.

Bruh that's how it looks with spacers LoL?

The idea of getting this frame keeps going down...

JohnnyRabbit

« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2023, 10:19:58 AM »
The distribution of people high on the ape index and with very long legs is minuscule.  Hence why virtually all bigger frames boost the stack a lot and the reach either a little or not at all. 

It doesn't really matter whether the rest of the sizes have a short headtube as the mold will need to be different anyway.

But they want from low reach on the 59 to huge reach on the 61.  I don't know of another bike doing that.

You are right I just checked on Geometry Geek and holy crap that's weird. I also looked at effective top tube and they have 32.3 mm of difference.  :o

RDY

« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2023, 08:44:49 AM »
I almost suspect it's a mixup.  Someone gave the spec to factory and reversed the increase in TT vs HT for the 61 vs 59.  So now they have a clown car mold for the 61.

It's practically inexplicable otherwise, because people wanting that long a seat tube with that little stack almost don't exist, and the geo is completely different to every other size in the range.  Aside from the high reach, low stack, and obviously long ST, the Front Center is really long - similar to a lot of gravel bikes.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 08:56:23 AM by RDY »

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2023, 08:09:51 AM »
I might get one, waiting for what Cam Nicholls has to say about it (even if it's kinda sponsored).
I'm 1m98 (6"6) and that HT is really small lmao but I'm looking for a really aero agressive and stiff race bike and man it looks sick af

RDY

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2023, 02:04:11 PM »
I might get one, waiting for what Cam Nicholls has to say about it (even if it's kinda sponsored).
I'm 1m98 (6"6) and that HT is really small lmao but I'm looking for a really aero agressive and stiff race bike and man it looks sick af

You sure you're going to be able to ride that at race power (or at all)?

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2023, 02:58:21 PM »
You sure you're going to be able to ride that at race power (or at all)?

Currently trying to match the position of the Falath with my Trek Madone, slammed my stem as much as possible and going to put a -17°C 130mm stem on it, also compared it to my Giant Trinity (I do spend some time on the bars when doing fast group rides), I am rlly flexible so hoping it could work, I need a couple weeks to see if I can hold the position on my Madone

patliean1

« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2023, 09:19:01 PM »
WELP...

HAWK_89

« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2023, 02:38:01 AM »

Unfortunately, you will have to wait a little longer. He will send this pre production frameset back and wait for new in smaller size. Too bad because I was also looking forward for this review and considering to buy this frameset.

« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2023, 06:54:15 AM »
Unfortunately, you will have to wait a little longer. He will send this pre production frameset back and wait for new in smaller size. Too bad because I was also looking forward for this review and considering to buy this frameset.

Yeah saw the vid  :'( The older Falath Pro also looks good but 59 is the max size that's too small for me, might end up buying a used western brand or a new Giant Propel

patliean1

« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2023, 11:23:46 AM »
Reviewing and comparing the geometry (yet again) on Geometry Geeks I think the a size 59 paired to a 400/130 integrated handlebar combo would work very well for me.

With my Rinasclta bike now dialed in, I find myself very comfortable in the "TT" position on the hoods. This is likely do to the overall reach on the Rinasclta being slightly shorter, and the stack being slightly higher than my typical road bike setups.

If my maths are correct...basically somewhere between a slammed cockpit and 10mm of a spacers would net me an identical geometry on the Elves to my Rinasclta. 

Velovelo

« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2023, 03:56:14 AM »
This frame is still something to try if it would be safe to stack up more 20mm - 30mm spacers above the top tube level for me.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 03:58:04 AM by Velovelo »