Author Topic: CarbonSpeedCycle CSC wheels - avoid them  (Read 2731 times)

mesosbrodleto

CarbonSpeedCycle CSC wheels - avoid them
« on: March 08, 2023, 04:35:15 AM »
Hi everyone, I recently bought a set of CSC wheels on Aliexpress (reference: Europe Stock UCI Certificated 35/38/45/50/60mm T800 Carbon Disc Brake Wheels), I write here my experience hoping it is useful for the future customers.

Tubeless ready, 50mm deep, 18mm inner width, CSCT31 hub, six bolts. The package arrived a bit damaged, and the rim had some little scratches in the bed of the rim, nothing to worry about according to the seller. After a couple of rides, the rear wheel got a little lateral play. I contacted the seller to get technical specs of the hub, in order to fix the lateral play. The seller refused to provide me any information on the hub. I have to guess how to dissassemble the hub and solve the issue. The seller now blocked me, I cannot contact them anymore.

In my experience, CSC is not a professional seller. I have assembled several bikes, starting from the frame, and I have bought from many chinese sellers and manifacturers. When they block you, it is the signal. I got this experience only with CSC and TanTan/Seraph (couple of years ago).
« Last Edit: March 08, 2023, 05:25:57 AM by mesosbrodleto »

theo__

Re: CarbonSpeedCycle CSC wheels - avoid them
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2023, 01:33:16 PM »
Hi,

If it could be helpful, I think that your CSCT31 hub is:

http://www.power-way.com.tw/PHB-CT31.htm

In my experiencia with CST, the product is correct, but the support or guarranty is nearly zero.

00Garza

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2023, 02:53:54 PM »
Thanks for sharing your experience. This should also be in the vendor review section for future reference of those looking into them.

Equalizer

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2023, 03:40:50 PM »
I have rim brake version on Giant Propel Advanced, and ride around 15.000 kilometers without any maintance or service. Brake surface is almost like new. I can't say anything bad for it.

mesosbrodleto

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2023, 01:57:06 AM »
Hi,

If it could be helpful, I think that your CSCT31 hub is:

http://www.power-way.com.tw/PHB-CT31.htm

In my experiencia with CST, the product is correct, but the support or guarranty is nearly zero.

I have contacted Powerway, they told me that the CSCT31 hub is not a powerway hub.

theo__

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2023, 03:53:39 AM »
I have contacted Powerway, they told me that the CSCT31 hub is not a powerway hub.

That's a Photo of a PowerWay, If you don't have that serial number...

Other option:
https://www.yuananbike.com/product/yar-rd08-bike-hub-center-lock-brake-interface-3-pawls-freebody
Could be?

mesosbrodleto

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2023, 04:15:35 AM »
That's a Photo of a PowerWay, If you don't have that serial number...

Other option:
https://www.yuananbike.com/product/yar-rd08-bike-hub-center-lock-brake-interface-3-pawls-freebody
Could be?

I will check the RD07, that is a six bolts. But the seller refusing to provide any specs and/or the manufacture is really frustrating.

Avalius

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2023, 07:35:00 AM »
Had multiple wheels from them always had a good experience wow, even had a refund once with an issue. Always dealing through aliexpress to dispute in case of problems

Chinacago

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2023, 11:30:19 AM »
I have also had good experiences with them, so sorry you're having a bad time with this. I think their brake tracks are the best I've used so far, and the quality has always been really good.

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2023, 03:42:38 PM »
I have a pair as well, done around 15-20k km and only issues was a broken spoke, that I changed in like 5 minutes since they had 3 spare ones, + the rear axle broke after like 10k, replaced it easily for 20usd.
Honestly for the price (250usd including shipping in december 2019)

I live in Paris tho so not a whole lot of braking, if you're in a hilly/mountain area, I wouldn't use them (rim brake version), I have a friend who has the disc brake version on his Venge and they're great as well.

mesosbrodleto

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2023, 04:27:27 AM »
I have also had good experiences with them, so sorry you're having a bad time with this. I think their brake tracks are the best I've used so far, and the quality has always been really good.

registered 3 weeks ago, your only post is this one. Come on CSC people, do you think we are that dumb?

mesosbrodleto

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2023, 06:52:18 AM »
However, the point is: the seller is refusing to provide me any documentation. Prior to the order, he granted me a "one year warranty". Now he is just not replying to my messages. So I do not even know what I bought. I am not asking for money, I am asking for informations. Still, no answer from the seller. 

darc16

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2023, 01:33:21 PM »
I bought a set of wheels form them over the summer.  There were some issues with shipping but I have not had any issues since.

mesosbrodleto

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2023, 11:53:41 AM »
I bought a set of wheels form them over the summer.  There were some issues with shipping but I have not had any issues since.

do you know what kind of hub you have bought? Do you have any specs?

Chinacago

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2023, 07:24:51 AM »
registered 3 weeks ago, your only post is this one. Come on CSC people, do you think we are that dumb?

Just got into the site, my man. Not a spy from CSC. I have wheels from CSC, Hunt, Elite, and am building three sets with rims from C-razycarbon (check them out - prices are great) and a variety of hubs - White, Bitex and Hope.

I sincerely really like the CSCs. Great brake track, nice-looking, Brad took tubeless first try without an Airshot, good price. Stand by what I said - I think they make an above average quality wheelset.