Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Road Bike Frames, Wheels & Components

CarbonSpeedCycle CSC wheels - avoid them

(1/5) > >>

mesosbrodleto:
Hi everyone, I recently bought a set of CSC wheels on Aliexpress (reference: Europe Stock UCI Certificated 35/38/45/50/60mm T800 Carbon Disc Brake Wheels), I write here my experience hoping it is useful for the future customers.

Tubeless ready, 50mm deep, 18mm inner width, CSCT31 hub, six bolts. The package arrived a bit damaged, and the rim had some little scratches in the bed of the rim, nothing to worry about according to the seller. After a couple of rides, the rear wheel got a little lateral play. I contacted the seller to get technical specs of the hub, in order to fix the lateral play. The seller refused to provide me any information on the hub. I have to guess how to dissassemble the hub and solve the issue. The seller now blocked me, I cannot contact them anymore.

In my experience, CSC is not a professional seller. I have assembled several bikes, starting from the frame, and I have bought from many chinese sellers and manifacturers. When they block you, it is the signal. I got this experience only with CSC and TanTan/Seraph (couple of years ago).

theo__:
Hi,

If it could be helpful, I think that your CSCT31 hub is:

http://www.power-way.com.tw/PHB-CT31.htm

In my experiencia with CST, the product is correct, but the support or guarranty is nearly zero.

00Garza:
Thanks for sharing your experience. This should also be in the vendor review section for future reference of those looking into them.

Equalizer:
I have rim brake version on Giant Propel Advanced, and ride around 15.000 kilometers without any maintance or service. Brake surface is almost like new. I can't say anything bad for it.

mesosbrodleto:

--- Quote from: theo__ on March 08, 2023, 01:33:16 PM ---Hi,

If it could be helpful, I think that your CSCT31 hub is:

http://www.power-way.com.tw/PHB-CT31.htm

In my experiencia with CST, the product is correct, but the support or guarranty is nearly zero.

--- End quote ---

I have contacted Powerway, they told me that the CSCT31 hub is not a powerway hub.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version