Other Resources > Vendor Discussion & Reviews

Thoughts on Panda Podium?

(1/5) > >>

00Garza:
If you follow chinese components you're probably aware of Joe's channel on youtube (China Cycling) and his upcoming venture Panda Podium. https://www.pandapodium.cc/coming-soon/

What are your thoughts on it? Is he just going to be a middle man? Could he be the customer service solution we've all been wanting? Will this forum disappear into obscurity once he launches???!!!!  ;D

TidyDinosaur:

--- Quote from: 00Garza on April 25, 2023, 02:59:08 PM ---If you follow chinese components you're probably aware of Joe's channel on youtube (China Cycling) and his upcoming venture Panda Podium. https://www.pandapodium.cc/coming-soon/

What are your thoughts on it? Is he just going to be a middle man? Could he be the customer service solution we've all been wanting? Will this forum disappear into obscurity once he launches???!!!!  ;D

--- End quote ---

With rising prices on those Chinese components the last few years, what we do not need is a middleman to add some more to those prices...

svanimpe:
Yeah. I already have a local distributor for some Chinese factories, but I don't see the point of paying 30% more just to have my frame slightly faster.

kbernstein:
Hyped for the products you can't find on aliexpress already. If if's even a cent more expensive than ali, not interested. I rarely mind waiting a month (but it's never that long to europe anyway)

s3si1u:
That's exactly what he will be, a middle man. No different that some others on here have already done or attempted, just with much easier access to the products we actually want. 
Now, this isn't necessarily a bad thing. He may be banking on the "cycling 100 sucks" and "Aliexpress is too slow" situations we see quite often and looking to solve those issues. The reality is, most of these items are already available if you're patient/know how to weasel around and import stuff. I'm very excited to see his offerings, maybe some products we REALLY don't know about??
But as others have said, I'm not looking to pay more. I don't mind waiting or finding my own middle man. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version