Author Topic: Is X-FUSION O2 PRO shock a good one?  (Read 798 times)

jibão

Is X-FUSION O2 PRO shock a good one?
« on: April 28, 2023, 06:42:53 PM »
I'm searching for a good shock to use with Suntour Raidon 32 fork, and found X-FUSION o2 PRO on aliexpress with a good price, and with remote lock (hard to find on cheaper models).

Is it a good shock? It will work well with Raidon?

00Garza

Re: Is X-FUSION O2 PRO shock a good one?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2023, 12:06:17 PM »
Can't speak from personal experience, but you'll often find entry level full sus bikes specced with X-fusion shocks or forks. If its legit oem, it should be pretty good.

ENEP

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2023, 02:32:09 AM »
Initially built my fm936 with a o2 pro shock and it was fine. Later upgraded to a Rockshox deluxe ultimate and the difference was massive. Transformed the bike to a truly great riding experience. Bought the rockshock shock new but open box for 150€ so not much more than o2 pro. Also much easier with service and spare parts for Rockshox.

Recommend rockshox.

jibão

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2023, 01:34:49 AM »
Initially built my fm936 with a o2 pro shock and it was fine. Later upgraded to a Rockshox deluxe ultimate and the difference was massive. Transformed the bike to a truly great riding experience. Bought the rockshock shock new but open box for 150€ so not much more than o2 pro. Also much easier with service and spare parts for Rockshox.

Recommend rockshox.

My fork is a Suntour Raidon 32, so I think X-FUSION O2 PRO will match better for being two shocks of the same level, wont it?

ENEP

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2023, 06:56:19 AM »
Don't think so. The rear shocks performance will not increase or decrease based on your choice of suspension fork. I have a SID ultimate fork with a deluxe ultimate rear shock. Highly doubt that a SID rear shock would improve the overall just because it "matches" the SID fork.
Shock and fork should be individually tuned to match riding conditions, frame suspension geometry and riders physique and requirements.