Author Topic: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets  (Read 155809 times)

jonathanf2

Re: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets
« Reply #1065 on: August 16, 2024, 04:09:49 PM »
The Magene PES power meter crankset is over $300. Your numbers don't add up correctly. You are either lying or not adding things up correctly.

What kind of lube do you use when you're hosing your 105 Di2? You seem like the kind of cyclist who likes dry all the way!

erallen30

« Reply #1066 on: August 16, 2024, 04:23:25 PM »
What kind of lube do you use when you're hosing your 105 Di2? You seem like the kind of cyclist who likes dry all the way!

No need to get defensive. Just do actual objective analyses of the values of your products.

SirBikealot

« Reply #1067 on: August 16, 2024, 04:26:19 PM »
The Magene PES power meter crankset is over $300. Your numbers don't add up correctly. You are either lying or not adding things up correctly.
yes you got me. liar all the way… or maybe you are too stupid to go to the aliexpress checkout where the price ist shown that your really have to pay. no one knows… ::)

jonathanf2

« Reply #1068 on: August 16, 2024, 05:28:45 PM »
No need to get defensive. Just do actual objective analyses of the values of your products.

You’re right dude, it’s all about objective analysis. Some people need that 105 di2 36t max cog due to feeble climbing ability. I’m sure you need that big cassette to make up for your small chainring!

erallen30

« Reply #1069 on: August 16, 2024, 09:22:28 PM »
Anyone know if this groupset supports satellite shifters?

jonathanf2

« Reply #1070 on: August 17, 2024, 12:33:57 AM »
Anyone know if this groupset supports satellite shifters?

Besides being leg deficient with short cranks are your arms also deficient in reaching the shifters? I suggest a short stem. It will help reach those 105 Di2 shifters with your child sized hands.

erallen30

« Reply #1071 on: August 17, 2024, 02:05:34 AM »
Besides being leg deficient with short cranks are your arms also deficient in reaching the shifters? I suggest a short stem. It will help reach those 105 Di2 shifters with your child sized hands.

In my opinion the best part of electronic shifting is being able to install satellite shifters on the drops. Otherwise I'd just go with cheaper mechanical.

Sebastian

« Reply #1072 on: August 17, 2024, 11:23:43 AM »

No need to get super personal. I think he just likes to troll. No ones keeping you from buying 105Di2 for whatever price you may get @erallen30. But AFAIK you can’t use satellite shifters with that either. That’s only possible with Ultegra and Dura Ace.

Sebastian

« Reply #1073 on: August 17, 2024, 02:12:02 PM »
On a different note: Turns out my criticism towards the shifting performance of my er9 was unjustified. At first I thought the ZTTO monobloc cassette was to blame. But the groupset behaved the same way on the turbo with a different cassette. But it appears that the chain was to blame. As I wrote in a different thread: I gave the ZTTO chain a try because I was impressed by the quality of their other stuff. I bought the gold chain with hollow links and pins for somewhere around 25EUR. Super cheap and super light, Turns out this chain has all the style but zero substance. It's worn after only 4000k - and that's with hot waxing. I've never worn through any chain that fast.

So I took it off and decided to put on a Campy Super Record 12sp chain, because it was heavily discounted. I got a Chorus chain on my other bike which works very smoothly and it shows barely any sign of wear after 6-7000km. WHAT A DIFFERENCE: Before, I could never set the RD up perfectly. There would always be the occasional crunchy shift. The shifting now is smoother and a lot quieter without touching anything. Just by switching out the chain. I might have to fine tune one or two gears. But it's a night and day difference, especially when shifting into a harder gear. The chain just drops effortlessly onto the next smaller cog.

I'm now actually a lot more impressed by this groupset than I was initially. This feels very nice indeed.
And I'll definitely steer clear from ZTTO chains for the time being.

toxin

« Reply #1074 on: August 17, 2024, 04:15:14 PM »
btw campy chains are just YBN chains

coffeebreak

« Reply #1075 on: August 17, 2024, 09:39:43 PM »
Ahh. Is there a source for that claim?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2024, 10:22:38 PM by coffeebreak »

jonathanf2

« Reply #1076 on: August 17, 2024, 09:48:15 PM »
My 11 speed ER9 setup is running an Ultegra cassette and chain. Shifts like butter.

jonathanf2

« Reply #1077 on: August 17, 2024, 11:09:03 PM »
No need to get super personal. I think he just likes to troll. No ones keeping you from buying 105Di2 for whatever price you may get @erallen30. But AFAIK you can’t use satellite shifters with that either. That’s only possible with Ultegra and Dura Ace.

Too many soy boys in the road cycling scene. Deserves to get called out for low-level thought processes.

Sebastian

« Reply #1078 on: August 18, 2024, 12:33:55 AM »
btw campy chains are just YBN chains

Pretty sure they claimed that their chains are still made in the European Union (Italy and Romania) when they launched 12sp. The lower level stuff like the Centaur rim brake groupset and some parts of the Ekar groupset are made in Taiwan. It says so on the packaging. At least on all the packaging that I held in hand. But there’s absolutely nothing wrong with YBN chains.

ChrisB

« Reply #1079 on: August 19, 2024, 05:25:11 AM »
Topic batteries for eRX / eR9 / eGR

I bought both of my eR9 and eGR groups without batteries and source them:
1. From local source in Europe: 2x Xtar 14500 (AA) 3.7V 800mAh /
2. From AliX China: Doublepow 14500 AA 3.7V Lithium Battery 800mAh / https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006240603318.html

Observation after using both groups over the past months and 1000km+:
1. The locally sourced batteries hold charge well, so I need to recharge about once a month
2. The Chinese sourced batteries deplete quickly, so I need to recharge once per week.

So in summary, make sure to buy quality 14500 Lithium batteries instead of going cheap.
Any other experiences?

BR Chris