Author Topic: Lightcarbon: New LCR017-D (or Yishun R1058-D)  (Read 50971 times)

TidyDinosaur

Re: Lightcarbon: New LCR017-D (or Yishun R1058-D)
« Reply #420 on: May 12, 2024, 09:21:42 AM »
In my opinion the seatpost does not sufficiently filter the roughness of the road but the tires compensate (5.5 bar with TPU inner tube at the rear and latex at the front) but I don't like it either when it's too "bulbous".
You could try to lower the pressure... 5,5bar (80 PSI) is pretty high for today's standard. I am 65kg and inflate my 28mm tires to 50 psi in the back and 45 in the front. I ride tubeless though...

rasch

« Reply #421 on: May 12, 2024, 03:54:40 PM »
N.b: pay attention to the size of the handlebars when you order, the length is calculated on the bottom and with an angle of -10°, a length of 100 below measures about 110 on top

Nice catch! Didn't notice that. I wonder how other brands do it. Still wondering though if I should go 110 instead of the 100mm

Your build looks neat.

I ordered 2x GP5000 in 32. Wanna ride comfy ahaha

Ar26

« Reply #422 on: May 12, 2024, 04:56:09 PM »
Nice catch! Didn't notice that. I wonder how other brands do it. Still wondering though if I should go 110 instead of the 100mm

Your build looks neat.

I ordered 2x GP5000 in 32. Wanna ride comfy ahaha
I hadn't been careful when I took the HBR13 in 100mm. As a result, I bought a 0° seatpost. I then moved my shoe cleats back slightly because of discomfort under the underfoot. Everything looks ok now. The worst is that I had ordered two seatposts in -20 (in case of breakage). For longer saddles, it could be okay but it's limited to the level of the marks on the rails. Otherwise the handlebars are great.

dinorello

« Reply #423 on: May 12, 2024, 05:43:03 PM »
I hadn't been careful when I took the HBR13 in 100mm. As a result, I bought a 0° seatpost. I then moved my shoe cleats back slightly because of discomfort under the underfoot. Everything looks ok now. The worst is that I had ordered two seatposts in -20 (in case of breakage). For longer saddles, it could be okay but it's limited to the level of the marks on the rails. Otherwise the handlebars are great.

Have you had many seat posts break on you in the past?  Thinking that could be catastrophic for the rider

Ar26

« Reply #424 on: May 13, 2024, 01:10:42 AM »
Have you had many seat posts break on you in the past?  Thinking that could be catastrophic for the rider
I anticipated either a fall, or a tightening torque a little too strong (failure of my torque wrench). It has cost me, in the past, about 200 USD for a Ritchey.Je noticed it after a ride where I saw a small crack appear at the junction of the frame and the seatpost. Moreover, not being curvy, I'm not sure if we found it on Ali for example. This is definitely a proprietary seatpost. Anyway, I have one for sale

Ar26

« Reply #425 on: May 13, 2024, 05:32:43 AM »
HBR13 in 100mm

rasch

« Reply #426 on: May 13, 2024, 09:05:03 AM »
HBR13 in 100mm

Thanks a lot! Indeed it's 110.
I wonder if other brands also measure it from bottom. Like canyon or etc.

I see that LC says they measure from "under" because of the stem angle being 10º

Walter-sobchak

« Reply #427 on: May 13, 2024, 09:24:21 AM »
Took me a bit longer to make this post.  Overall experience has been really good.  The fit of everything was spot on. Full build came in at 15.2 lbs without pedals (size 52).  For being that light, I am also surprised at how stiff it feels in accelerations.  My order was handled well and had great communication. I really like the color but it is more purple than I expected, but it looks great.  You can see in the sunlight it has the orangish chameleon, but the purple is the dominant color. Paint selection was LCB-02HS. Current setup is gp5000 28mm, but have a second wheelset with 32mm gp5000. One bummer is the width of handlebar options.  I went with the 40 x 110 handlebar and I have been running narrower bars and would have selected narrower, if available.

I will quickly address some of the items on this thread:
My frame has a drain hole under the BB
I will say that the layup feels pretty thin below the bottle cage on the downtube.  It is a larger tube size, but the wall thickness feels thin.
Brake caliper mounts are faced
Rear thru axle does require more torque than other frames (but doesn't appear to be any thread damage, so I don't know, not really an issue to me, but a previous poster described this).

I had to cut the seat tube to get my fit right, but just 1/2" or so.
I also ran into an issue with the seatpost clamp.  After riding I needed to adjust, and upon retorque the clamp to 6nm something with the pins that hold the bolt broke.  I have contacted LC and will update with how quickly they respond.  I am pretty sure their clamp is a tried and true design across other frames, so I am not quite sure. I want to tear it apart to see whats going on but it is kind of a captive part.

dinorello

« Reply #428 on: May 13, 2024, 09:48:07 AM »
Nice build and beautiful color!

Serge_K

« Reply #429 on: May 13, 2024, 10:23:26 AM »
I think I've made peace with not buying that frame. The down tube is simply too much of a square box in the wind. It can't possibly be fast, and I'm routinely doing 40+kmh on the flat so it matters to my riding. It's been helpful to see people's builds here to confirm that. The real Cannondale is nowhere near as boxy.
I also don't think it is a timeless design. That's subjective, but I feel the rim brake supersix (and first generations discs) is timeless. Along with various other frames. But not that one.
The thin downtube also raises questions a la Canyon. If you throw two bikes in the boot of the car, the last thing I want is a cracked frame in transit.
I thought I'd post because I long and seriously considered buying one.

rasch

« Reply #430 on: May 13, 2024, 10:48:00 AM »
Took me a bit longer to make this post.  Overall experience has been really good.  The fit of everything was spot on. Full build came in at 15.2 lbs without pedals (size 52).  For being that light, I am also surprised at how stiff it feels in accelerations.  My order was handled well and had great communication. I really like the color but it is more purple than I expected, but it looks great.  You can see in the sunlight it has the orangish chameleon, but the purple is the dominant color. Paint selection was LCB-02HS. Current setup is gp5000 28mm, but have a second wheelset with 32mm gp5000. One bummer is the width of handlebar options.  I went with the 40 x 110 handlebar and I have been running narrower bars and would have selected narrower, if available.

I will quickly address some of the items on this thread:
My frame has a drain hole under the BB
I will say that the layup feels pretty thin below the bottle cage on the downtube.  It is a larger tube size, but the wall thickness feels thin.
Brake caliper mounts are faced
Rear thru axle does require more torque than other frames (but doesn't appear to be any thread damage, so I don't know, not really an issue to me, but a previous poster described this).

I had to cut the seat tube to get my fit right, but just 1/2" or so.
I also ran into an issue with the seatpost clamp.  After riding I needed to adjust, and upon retorque the clamp to 6nm something with the pins that hold the bolt broke.  I have contacted LC and will update with how quickly they respond.  I am pretty sure their clamp is a tried and true design across other frames, so I am not quite sure. I want to tear it apart to see whats going on but it is kind of a captive part.

Build indeed looks quite neat.

I think I've made peace with not buying that frame. The down tube is simply too much of a square box in the wind. It can't possibly be fast, and I'm routinely doing 40+kmh on the flat so it matters to my riding. It's been helpful to see people's builds here to confirm that. The real Cannondale is nowhere near as boxy.
I also don't think it is a timeless design. That's subjective, but I feel the rim brake supersix (and first generations discs) is timeless. Along with various other frames. But not that one.
The thin downtube also raises questions a la Canyon. If you throw two bikes in the boot of the car, the last thing I want is a cracked frame in transit.
I thought I'd post because I long and seriously considered buying one.

I don't think this bike has the best design, with that I agree.
Sth simple would be better like their 007 just updated for full integrated frame etc.
I don't think we can "assess" the reliability from the frame/downtube from the "looks thin" perspective. Let's see how it holds. There are quite a few users here already with this. In any case you can also choose the non-superlight version which should be stiffer and have thicker carbon. Which option did you end up going for?

I went for this mainly for this frame for two reasons:
- Quality seems to be there (you don't really hear bad things about LC) and when it happens they seem to provide good support
- The speed and quality of their answers is top notch and only found similar at Carbonda, which had a great product too but way more expensive.

I've contacted other factories, like tantan, ltk and brokers like velobuild, etc, and tested them as well with my philosophy and only these two passed my tests with distinction. I'm not defending them.

Ar26

« Reply #431 on: May 13, 2024, 11:23:26 AM »
You will drive at more than 40km/h with this frame without any problem and maintain this speed. Concerning the wall, I confirm the thinness under the pressure of the hand. It reminds me of my Hyper wheels (Winspace), very thin too.

dinorello

« Reply #432 on: May 13, 2024, 11:58:48 AM »
You will drive at more than 40km/h with this frame without any problem and maintain this speed. Concerning the wall, I confirm the thinness under the pressure of the hand. It reminds me of my Hyper wheels (Winspace), very thin too.

Do Western branded frames also Flex when they're considered lightweight?

Stoemper

« Reply #433 on: May 14, 2024, 02:38:00 AM »
Little update, received pictures of the paint job of my frame. Sadly it apparently will take another 30 days until it arrives. But im happy how it turned out. Bought a gold KMC chain and brown leather bartape to go with it. Now i need to find a brown sadle to match it.

rasch

« Reply #434 on: May 14, 2024, 03:40:43 AM »
Little update, received pictures of the paint job of my frame. Sadly it apparently will take another 30 days until it arrives. But im happy how it turned out. Bought a gold KMC chain and brown leather bartape to go with it. Now i need to find a brown sadle to match it.

Nice colours! Now I am jeaolous u guys have such nice colours and I went to a "conservative" one.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2024, 04:49:24 AM by rasch »