Author Topic: Lexon Flyer  (Read 2602 times)

RongGearRob

Lexon Flyer
« on: August 05, 2023, 10:54:31 PM »
It appears Lexon has a new XC / Downcountry bike - Lexon Flyer.  It has 120 front and rear travel, 66.4 HTA and a 74.2 seat tube angle.

catdog

Re: Lexon Flyer
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2023, 11:59:26 PM »
Very interesting, can't find anything myself - got a link?

Larxxor

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2023, 01:38:10 AM »
Search "lexon flyer" on Ali

jannmayer

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2023, 12:52:20 PM »
Good to see that they actually have an XL size available. So many of these frames only come in small/medium/large.

Jotwoo

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2023, 02:39:40 AM »

RongGearRob

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2023, 07:38:04 AM »

In addition to the type of carbon, there are some slight differences in the geometry (some of which could have to do with a 100mm vs 120mm travel fork) and quoted weight between the two frames (Mira and Lexon) as well. 

Branco

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2023, 08:09:45 AM »
I got a Lexon Flyer.

Using it as a mix of natural trail and some freeride/flow tracks in Brazil.
So far so good, but wondering if I could get more travel on the front.

Using a 120mm Sid Select 35.

ps: I was trying to insert some link for my youtube videos, but don´t know how to make it work here

« Last Edit: November 14, 2023, 09:22:42 AM by Branco »

Boybiskit

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2023, 10:28:28 AM »
I got a Lexon Flyer.

Using it as a mix of natural trail and some freeride/flow tracks in Brazil.
So far so good, but wondering if I could get more travel on the front.

Using a 120mm Sid Select 35.

ps: I was trying to insert some link for my youtube videos, but don´t know how to make it work here

Our bikes are very similar ;p (http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,4524.0.html)

How are you finding the ride? I am not sure if the design bobs quite a lot when climbing, or if I just haven't found the correct shock pressure yet. Other than that mine feels good - and fast!

Branco

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2023, 03:40:44 PM »
Our bikes are very similar ;p (http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,4524.0.html)

How are you finding the ride? I am not sure if the design bobs quite a lot when climbing, or if I just haven't found the correct shock pressure yet. Other than that mine feels good - and fast!

That´s great!!! Do you fell like it´s a XC bike or more like a Trail bike?

I don´t think it bobs too much, but I´m using a little bit more sag than usual, like 18% and 2 tokens inside the shock.

I´m really enjoying the bike. Sometimes I feel like the front could be a little more slack and with more travel, but it´s probably my fault for using it in a flow/enduro track.

Boybiskit

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2023, 02:06:17 PM »
That´s great!!! Do you fell like it´s a XC bike or more like a Trail bike?

I don´t think it bobs too much, but I´m using a little bit more sag than usual, like 18% and 2 tokens inside the shock.

I´m really enjoying the bike. Sometimes I feel like the front could be a little more slack and with more travel, but it´s probably my fault for using it in a flow/enduro track.

Not sure yet if the bike is more trail than XC: life has been busy so I've only had a few minutes to test it out and have not been on a proper ride yet. Good to know you are not finding it bobs too much though! I really hope I don't find it needs more travel. Every XC bike I build ends up as a trail bike. I really want to keep this as a capable XC bike  :D

mtbluvr68

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2023, 11:19:35 AM »
I want to race XC and Marathon on one of these, I'm just worried about the slanted seat tube, wish they'd have made straighter
2021 Tan Tan Seraph FM027  w/Light Bicycle wheels(XC)
2022 Marin Rift Zone 3 w/ elite wheels (trail)
2021 Tideace FMR185 w/Light Bicycle Wheels (road)
2023  Chasing Wind w/ elite wheels (Gravel)

Branco

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2024, 01:09:11 PM »
I want to race XC and Marathon on one of these, I'm just worried about the slanted seat tube, wish they'd have made straighter

Yeah, that is a thing. It get some work to keep the bike straight at 25%+ climbs. But I think it works well just adjusting the saddle a little bit to the front.

Branco

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2024, 01:13:38 PM »
Does anyone tried a 140mm fork?

The longer travel will help ono rought trails and the slacker headtube angle will go down to 65,5, although the seat-tube angle will be close to 73, but I´m thinking that this is not a problem at all.

Some thoughts?

acedeuce802

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2024, 02:56:36 PM »
Personally I don't think a 140mm fork would feel good at all on the Flyer.  Modern trail bike seat tube angles are in the 76-78deg range, going to 73 is the wrong way.  My opinion is that if you want a 140mm bike, then you should look at something like the FM1001.