Other Resources > Vendor Discussion & Reviews

Getting kicked around by LightCarbon, should I dispute with paypal?

(1/2) > >>

dsveddy:
I ordered a frame from LightCarbon at the start of the month, and was given an estimate 15 days production time before it shipped. Now it's been 24 days. I emailed them 15 days in to check in on the status and they said it would ship this week. This week has almost come and gone, and...nothing.

I had planned on using this frame for cyclocross season and at this rate I'm not going to get a frame in time. Should I pull the trigger and dispute with PP (I did purchase with buyer protection), or is this kind of kicking-the-shipping-time-can down the road par for the course?

jefflinde:
they do make them in batches by size so to wait a few weeks is not out of the ordinary.  if you have emailed them once and gotten a response i would wait until next week to email them again.  I have purchased close to 10 frames from them and have always gotten what i ordered.  some time they ship next day, some times it takes a bit.   

One thing to be aware of is US custom may hold it for a while.  i have had frames go through in 1-2 days but i have had them sit for 2 weeks.  tight time frames and ordering from china are not things that go well together. 

TidyDinosaur:
I understand your impatience... I have the same problem every time I buy big items from China (the impatience). BUT I have yet to encounter a seller that is not over-promesing and under-delivering when it comes to production or shipping times, so I would wait a little longer...
Before you order they are all very friendly and promise you the world. When they have your order/money that all changes  ;D

electrolux:
Always the case with Chinese brands unfortunately. I'm sure they will ship eventually.

dsveddy:
Alright guys, thanks for talking me off the ledge. I’m not pleased but I’ll wait.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version