Author Topic: 23" or XXL frame sizes  (Read 4473 times)

MikeyLXT

23" or XXL frame sizes
« on: May 07, 2014, 02:18:19 PM »
I have been reviewing these frames a good bit.  Does anyone know if one of these manufacturers makes a 23" or XXL size frame for us limited tall folks?

Sitar_Ned

Re: 23" or XXL frame sizes
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 06:55:29 PM »
I've read through the entire thread over at mtbr and i'm fairly positive that there aren't any available above 21 inch or XL.. but I'm not the final word.. let's wait until Peter or another one of the vendors chime in.

And welcome to Chinertown! Hopefully, we can find you a Chiner that fits you. What are your measurements, if you don't mind me asking?

Rigid_Bloke

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 10:11:25 PM »
Unless there's something I missed, there's nothing in that size yet. Man, it's gotta be frustrating to shop for a bike when you're that tall.

Sitar_Ned

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 10:58:54 PM »
Hey Mikey.. I actually just got confirmation from Iplay that they don't make that size frame. He said there's just not enough demand which is entirely understandable. Still sucks for you though. Sorry bro!

MikeyLXT

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 11:40:17 AM »
Yeah it is tough finding a bike when you need an above normal size.   It is really no different then pants/shirts/etc...just a bit more costly.

I currently ride a  Karate Monkey that is showing it's age (10 years) and weight.  I would love to convert that to a town cruiser and build a new mountain bike.  As far as the size...it works but is not an ideal fit and something larger would be a big improvement.

Thank you for the information though.

manmythlegend

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2014, 01:11:58 PM »
Whats your height and inseam  ?

Im 6ft3 and riding the 21inch. Not a perfect fit but pretty darn close to it.