Author Topic: BXT Gravel 135  (Read 5670 times)

Sebastian

Re: BXT Gravel 135
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2024, 01:51:21 PM »
I got my frameset today.
Size 52 in pink. I received it exactly one month after placing the order. It took them around ten days to ship it to Germany.
I paid 380EUR for this in the summer sale and another 50EUR for shipping including customs clearance. That's a very fair price for what you get IMO.
This is nothing special, just a well made frame with all the neat little integrated mounts you could want. I really like it.
It's surprisingly well finished inside. There are no wrinkles, no obvious inconsistencies in carbon wall thickness. The carbon fork steerer is super clean and perfectly round. The BB shell has been faced and there's no paint overspray. The brake mounts have been faced as well but I might have to remove some more paint to get it just right. Headset seems solid.
The weight is nothing to write home about but I didn't expect it to be: 500g bang on for the painted fork (uncut). Roughly 1150g for the frame including all the bolts and the seatpost clamp. That's heavy but alright. I just wanted a sturdy gravel frame.
The worst about it is the paintjob. It's alright, but nothing special.
But all in all this is A LOT for less than 400 quid (shipping not included).

I'm in the process of building it already. Unfortunately, my old wheelset has a front hub for 15mm thru axles. I need a conversion kit with different end caps to get it to fit into the fork dropouts. I had a reduction sleeve from 15 to 12 and thought that's gonna work. But the end caps are too big to slide into the fork drop outs, so I need to convert it.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Kobayagi

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2024, 03:57:06 PM »
Hey, where did you find this frame for that price? Looking forward to seeing the build.

Sebastian

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2024, 12:59:31 AM »
I bought it in the “BXT Official Store” on Aliexpress.
Like I said: It was on sale and I specifically liked the mounting points e.g for mudguards in the rear and the fact that it uses a conventional seatpost. I’m building this for my wife and I might have to swap components to dial in the fit. Also, I can use a number of components from the parts bin. So that’s a bonus. It’ll be all road focused with 38c tires and a 1x groupset.

Kobayagi

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2024, 05:41:40 AM »
Yeah i was looking at the same frame, so I know how much it usually costs. The cheapest offer I can find right now in the official Aliex store is 599 eur and 119 eur for Shipping to France. That's why I asked how you found such a good deal.

raisinberry777

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2024, 06:25:44 AM »
Yeah i was looking at the same frame, so I know how much it usually costs. The cheapest offer I can find right now in the official Aliex store is 599 eur and 119 eur for Shipping to France. That's why I asked how you found such a good deal.

There are multiple versions of this frame - the ones that include a seatpost and handlebars are more expensive. The cheapest version is the frameset only. Pretty sure it's this listing:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004622346065.html

Sebastian

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2024, 02:22:44 PM »
Exactly. I bought it without handlebar and seatpost which is obviously the cheapest version you can get.
I was planning on using stuff from the parts bin anyway, so that was a welcome opportunity.
Also, note that the prices on Aliexpress include VAT which will be deducted once you go through with the order in your cart. The price displayed for this offer was 460 EUR, but once I went through with the payment it was 382 EUR.
I then specifically asked the seller for a quote for shipping costs, which I always do. The price for "seller's shipping method" you see in the shipping options is not always accurate. So I paid roughly 50EUR for tax free shipping on top (I think it was 52 USD).

Kobayagi

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2024, 04:03:37 PM »
There are multiple versions of this frame - the ones that include a seatpost and handlebars are more expensive. The cheapest version is the frameset only. Pretty sure it's this listing:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004622346065.html

Thank you. The link unfortunately doesn't display properly for me, but I will be paying more attention to frame only ads.

Also, note that the prices on Aliexpress include VAT which will be deducted once you go through with the order in your cart. The price displayed for this offer was 460 EUR, but once I went through with the payment it was 382 EUR.
I then specifically asked the seller for a quote for shipping costs, which I always do. The price for "seller's shipping method" you see in the shipping options is not always accurate. So I paid roughly 50EUR for tax free shipping on top (I think it was 52 USD).

Thank you. That's all good advice. Appreciate it.