Author Topic: Elitewheels Edge wheelset  (Read 13534 times)

WhityWhite

Re: Elitewheels Edge wheelset
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2023, 08:37:00 AM »
Since EliteWheels only wanted to reimburse me a paltry $15 for the damage, I opened a dispute and demanded $85 as settlement of the damage.

Tidy had already talked about the fact that he didn't do it and was left with the damage after the seller kept trying to put him off via chat.

Now Suki from Elitewheels has written that I can send the front wheel back for repair. But I don't want to do that because it would take months to get it back.
I suggested that elitewheels could send me a new wheel and that I would be happy to send the damaged wheel back to them at elitewheels' expense with the return label they had paid for. So that I can continue to use my bike.

Suki/Elitewheels agrees, but I should close the dispute first... that seems strange to me? I only have the loose statement in the chat, or am I seeing it wrong????

Unfortunately, I'm not deep enough into the aliexpress game.

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2023, 09:04:57 AM »
Suki/Elitewheels agrees, but I should close the dispute first... that seems strange to me? I only have the loose statement in the chat, or am I seeing it wrong????

Unfortunately, I'm not deep enough into the aliexpress game.

That is a known scam tactic... Once you close the dispute they will more than likely ghost you... It is recommended you do not do this...

Edit: I find it hard to believe they are serious about accepting your solution... This would cost them much more than the 85USD you suggested and they have the risk of you not returning the wheel... If I were you I would maybe look for a solution in the middle...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2023, 09:10:13 AM by TidyDinosaur »

WhityWhite

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2023, 09:35:48 AM »
hehe - and that's exactly what I wrote pro actively to elitewheels :D

That their complete solution proposal would be much more expensive than my regulation proposal, and that I don't understand that :D
A transport route alone costs more than the 15 dollars proposed in advance.

---------------------

/// after i did not agree with the proposal

"Hi Tobias
Thank you very much for your message.
About $15, this is the biggest compensation we can get for you, because our company doesn't actually make much money. The cost of carbon fiber wheels is very high, especially this kind of wheel with special specifications.

Regarding the parcel, we can use a very strong packaging, but our cost will be very high, which even affects the price of the product. Customers need to buy wheels at a higher price and pay for shipping.

Usually the transportation of printed matter is different from the transportation of wheels. The products are different, and the internal state during transportation is also different, resulting in different final results, but thank you very much for your suggestion, We remind the company to pay attention to the packaging and improve it to solve such a situation.

Considering safety and cost, Our current packaging is the most reasonable, but there is still room for improvement.Thanks for your advice.

If you can accept the wheel, in addition to the compensation of 15 US dollars, We also applied for a special gift compensation for you (for example: valve, please check picture).We still have a three-year warranty. , and we will deal with any problems for you for free. And we have many repair centers in Europe that can help customers solve problems.

We look forward to your good review,  if need anything,you can contact us again at any time
looking forward your reply
best wishes
sukie

-

/// After i open the dispute

hi Tobias
We have received your dispute ,
may i know if you can cancel it? If you don't agree with our solution, you can send front wheel to our repair center in Italy or Spain, and we can replace the font hub for you. We can bear the shipping cost.
all right ?
looking forward your reply
sukie"

-

Hello Sukie,

This proposed solution is obejectively much better than the previous one with the 15 dollars. Thank you very much for your cooperation. It's a pity that it only came about after I had to take the official route.

However, it is not satisfactory for me personally, as it would mean that I would be without a front wheel for several weeks and my bike could therefore not be used. However, I have planned this bike for upcoming racing events and I am not prepared to have it repaired for several weeks.

My suggestion would be a new front wheel including shipping label, and I send the damaged wheel back to you as soon as I receive the new one? This way I would have no disadvantage except the time needed for the rebuild, which is annoying enough.

I also wonder what the cost advantage is? The shipping alone for a track is already more expensive than the previously offered 15 dollars. Add to that the labour costs, including labour, the new hub/material, and the return shipping.

Have a great day,
Tobi

-

Dear Tobias
Thanks for your message
In fact, the first compensation plan is according to the company's regulations,
which is a normal process, because first of all, we have to consider solving the problem for customers quickly.
Maybe some customers are not satisfied, but you can tell us.

Because if the customer does not accept it, we will provide a second plan. We are not because of your dispute. All plans need to be discussed with the customer and the company before the final plan can be determined.

We can agree with your final plan, but we have some situation to let you know, because starting tomorrow, our National Day and Mid-Autumn Festival will start until October 6th next month, so if you can wait, we can produce new wheels for you, and then you can send the old wheels to our repair center.  (note : if you agree ,please cancel the dispute first )

all right ??
looking forward your  reply
sukie

-

Hi Sukie,

It's only the front wheel.
So I can continue to use it and you send me a new front wheel with a return label for the damaged one, which I then send to you after receiving it?

If it is possible that you then also deposit this solution in the dispute and I receive an "order confirmation" so that it is legally binding, I am satisfied.
Unfortunately, I can't end the dispute this way without having something in my hand except a loose promise in the chat.
I hope you understand.

However, the simplest, cheapest and safest solution for all parties would be to simply accept my proposal for the settlement of the claim ($85)?

Thank you for your efforts,
Greetings Tobi

jonathanf2

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2023, 10:51:55 AM »
I did have a warranty issue with Elite Wheels regarding a damaged front rim. I sent them pictures for verification of damage and then they sent me a replacement rim for free without having to return the damaged item. Also I feigned possible injury and the risk of death which would have been caused by negligence on their part. I think that got the ball rolling.

Afterwards it took about a month to deliver. Only problem is that I was without a front carbon rim for a month and when I did receive it, I still had to get it rebuilt. Also the purchase was through US Amazon (which Elite Wheels seem to have scaled back their operation), so I think the pressure was there to honor their warranty as well.

Anyways, it's always better to say the damage was caused by mechanical fault as opposed to cosmetic. I think based on their operation protocol, they'll be more apt to send a replacement without having to send back the damaged item in exchange.

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2023, 01:44:18 PM »
Wow, I must say I never had a seller communicate so clearly and detailed... Maybe they are serious about it although their solutions seems indeed to be more expensive than your proposal...

WhityWhite

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2023, 05:07:39 AM »
Elitewheels has now taken my suggestion of the $85.

However, the process was strange: I was called twice by a number from England (I didn't answer) and then a manager contacted me via whatsapp to ask me to please close the dispute and he would then send me the requested money via paypal to resolve the matter.
I replied that he should transfer the money to me first so that I am sure not to be ghosted.

He agreed and explained that resolving disputes via aliexpress reflects badly on the company and that's why they try to resolve it outside.
Apparently there's then trouble from aliexpress...

The communication was very nice and courteous.

I am satisfied - he transferred the money directly and I can ultimately recommend elitewheels.
you just have to be persistent ;-) but that's not only the case with providers on aliexpress - but also in other life situations.
Of course, they first try to keep the damage as small as possible, which is not reprehensible.

neobiker

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2023, 05:51:35 AM »
I had a similar experience and asked for 100 USD in coupon, so I bought a second pair of wheel

WhityWhite

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2023, 08:05:40 AM »
I had a similar experience and asked for 100 USD in coupon, so I bought a second pair of wheel

I would be afraid to not be able to combine the voucher on 11.11. ;D
« Last Edit: September 28, 2023, 02:13:36 PM by WhityWhite »

neobiker

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2023, 01:15:28 PM »
Yeah, they told me I could not combine with back to school promotion, but I still did it xD

ChrisB

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2023, 03:13:36 AM »
My experience with the 45mm Elite Wheels Edge set after roughly 2000km:
- Great stability
- Very light
- Combined with 28mm GP5000 and Ridenow TPU tubes
- No issues with the 36T ratchet Freehub

I can really recommend the wheel set.

BR Chris

Dark17

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2023, 10:02:51 AM »
I got interested in this wheelset brand because i just learned that they are also manufactured in Xiamen (Yuan An) and wheels/frames manufactured in Xiamen have decent quality. I am just thinking twice because the wheelset is really light and I am quite a heavy rider (175 cm 82kg). Would love to know some owners who have the same body as me on what is their experience before pulling the trigger on this one.
rematistang jempoy (sprinter fred) from The Philippines

WhityWhite

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2023, 12:05:33 PM »
I am 1.83 m and almost 90 kg.
No problem... And above all, no concerns at all. That's even at 40 mm still high profile wheels ... And these can weight well off.

boxof13

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2023, 08:30:00 PM »
Does anyone know if the decal is on top the clear coat? I plan to strip the decal if I decided to get the EDGE.

Mic553

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2023, 11:26:30 PM »
Does anyone know if the decal is on top the clear coat? I plan to strip the decal if I decided to get the EDGE.

If you know that already, just order without decals. They'll do it if you ask.

Maden

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2023, 11:34:16 PM »

It's on top. The decals on my set of Elitewheels have scraped off a bit.