Other Resources > Vendor Discussion & Reviews

Velobuild sent incorrect stem, ghosted me and delays shipping replacement

(1/2) > >>

dustedrob:
I ordered a CX-002 frame and received it over two weeks ago. Unfortunately, they shipped an incorrect stem length which I can't use so I contacted them the same day I received the package and ever since then it's been hell to try to get a replacement. They are extremely slow at responding emails and keep making excuses for not sending the replacement. A couple of days ago they provided an epacket tracking number which doesn't provide any information at all. Most of the tracking sites say it's an invalid number and USPS says the label was created but not dispatched.

I can't finish the build without the stem since I have to do all of the internal cable routing and all of the available integrated stems in the market are over $250 USD.

They also did the painting wrong and totally not like what they show in the pictures but at this point I don't even want to start arguing about that until i get the correct stem.

Is it fair to open up a Paypal dispute at the moment? Will it get me anywhere?

electrolux:
2 Weeks feels like a long time. But by chiner standards its not. I would wait and see if the epacket turns up any tracking info.

I am not surprised about the paint. They messed up mine too, and ghosted when I had other frame issues.

PayPal probably wont be much help at this stage.

dustedrob:
Thanks, it's good to have that datapoint so i guess I'll wait. It's been almost two months since i initially paid for the frame so i sure does feel like a long time...

PLA:
PayPal claim asap. That's unacceptable.

TCal:
For what is worth. I ordered two frames from velobuild that arrived in 5 business days to the US. Upon arrival and inspection I discovered that the bottom brackets that were promised with the order did not arrive. I asked them to honor the offer and they did so. They did us a slower form of parcel that I guess transfers to US postal service at some point. This process is slow.  From the time the tracking number was issued to the time I could actually track it on line a good 4 weeks passed. In my experience with velobuild, they have honored every request , even though the mailing and tracking of corrective items has been slow.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version