Author Topic: VeloBuild VB-R-268 frame  (Read 25377 times)

Tdiguy

Re: VeloBuild VB-R-268 frame
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2024, 11:03:37 AM »
Has anyone else’s ordered and/or received this frameset yet?  Looking to build a new bike this season, came up on 105 DI2 from pro’s closet.

jepa83

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2024, 03:54:09 AM »
Hello,

yes I received mine last week ago. It's under construction. As long as i can say, everything is pretty good. I am going to post some pictures in a few days.

JV

joegal

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2024, 04:43:21 AM »
Hello,

yes I received mine last week ago. It's under construction. As long as i can say, everything is pretty good. I am going to post some pictures in a few days.

JV

Could you weigh the frame, fork and hardware etc?
Thanks!

dank_ganks

« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2024, 12:54:52 PM »
I also just placed an order for this frame, with the new red "ice break" velobuild paint. Super stoked to build a bike with this + Yuanan wheels + 105 Di2 from the pros closet. Will update with photos/comments/a build thread when it arrives!

cramy

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2024, 04:05:24 AM »
saw this on youtube

hazzer19

« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2024, 11:52:40 AM »
saw this on youtube

Your post didn't come through for me but I imagine you were referencing this unboxing video?

joegal

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2024, 12:31:16 PM »

This is the vid: www.youtube.com / watch?v=ZWCZQkLYpwM

Idk why the link gets killed...

cramy

« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2024, 12:08:45 AM »

yep exactly, very strange for me i can see the video directly in this thread

BalticSea

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2024, 02:12:41 AM »
If you wont miss the extra $2K, getting the SL8 is probably worth it. Easier access to spares, easier shop service if you need it. Proven performance etc. and you will get some of that back on resale if you swap bikes every couple of years.

Regarding your concerns around fitting other bars and stems. This bike uses a 1 1/2” upper bearing, so you should be able to swap it out for headsets from Deda and FSA and use systems compatible with their designs. You will lose the shaped transition spacer. Integrated bars tend to come with fit kits including their own spacers. Higher end Chinese ones like the BigRock Skyline II even include their own C ring.

RE: 3D printing. Some people release their 3d printed designs on sites like printables. I personally do not, as I don’t want to offer support for the design or deal with people printing the designs in materials that they aren’t designed for and then telling me the design doesn’t work.

I think getting SL7 is better choice than SL8 - it should be cheaper, no major difference between the frames and most importantly SL7 doesn't have the Buttsniffer™

timjen

« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2024, 02:08:14 AM »
I think getting SL7 is better choice than SL8 - it should be cheaper, no major difference between the frames and most importantly SL7 doesn't have the Buttsniffer™

I totally agree, but I am in the nice position to get a frame much cheaper because a friend of mine is working in the bike industry. Of course „cheap“ is the wrong word here. I am really unsure about my decision, but in the end I am trying to whitewash it with selling it later for nearly the price I will pay now…

I really like the shape of the 268, but the uncertainty of getting the roval cockpit work is a huge obstacle for my idea of building it up.

Benbenben

« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2024, 06:43:07 PM »
I just placed the order for the 268. I picked the silver chameleon paint job. Anyone had the chance to build their own?

Mine will be with elite edge 45mm. I still have to pick a groupset. I want to go with Chinese mini groupset, but event in the mechanical/hydro brakes, I don't believe they are there yet to compete with Shimano/Sram.

toxin

« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2024, 06:24:49 AM »
I totally agree, but I am in the nice position to get a frame much cheaper because a friend of mine is working in the bike industry. Of course „cheap“ is the wrong word here. I am really unsure about my decision, but in the end I am trying to whitewash it with selling it later for nearly the price I will pay now…

I really like the shape of the 268, but the uncertainty of getting the roval cockpit work is a huge obstacle for my idea of building it up.

If money isn't an issue just get the specialized. It'll be lighter, better to ride and the chances of you getting an actually properly made and QCd product are massively higher. And even if there are issues you will be able to warranty it locally and talk to people who actually speak your language.

Mikeyblue

« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2024, 01:01:34 PM »
Is this new 268 just not a Velobuild Venge?? Look very similar??

cramy

« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2024, 03:28:24 AM »

Easyfunk

« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2024, 04:33:34 AM »

The missing hole on one side of the handles is a bummer! VB should replace this faulty unit.